Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
saw dust? what kind? any special treatment for reptile use?

just the stuff from petbarn/ produce suppliers (big bail), they LOVE it! complete change in character since, they love borrowing and hiding in it. sometimes i look in the enclosure and just their heads are sticking out... others times nothing at all

sweet. so the same stuff for mice and rats? the pine shavings?
cheers mate. might give that a shot

i keep all mine (and there are many) is 1000 x 600 x 500mm enclosures, substrate is sae dust (about 2-3 inches thick, they LOVE to burrow in it) large ceramic water bowl and i use heat mats for heating with absolutely no issues... actually i wouldn't do it any other way to be honest. the mats are at 33 degrees... cold end gets to room temp... in winter thats in the low teens.

hope that helps.

Hey Jason,

With the sawdust, they're not dusty or anything? So it's fine to use for womas? What about when you're cleaning the enclosure?

Cheers,
Nick

dose anyone know any place to get some enclosures for a cheap price because im not fully sure what i need to get just yet thanks.

dose anyone here know of and reliable woma breeders in sydney and that they will have some hatchys available to the end of january??

Hey guys im looking at a cage but its 1500mm L X 750 D x 700 H is thats to big for just one thanks!

None of my womaz have heat mattz under there enclosures & thay r all doing perfectly so thay dont need them.

U can use heat mat or heat lights as long it 29 to 32c it up to u what suit u I use heat mat 32 degrees hot end cold end 20 degrees don't need uv I use 35w halogen 12v for day basking spot woma can handle 35 degrees plus but hey its up to u and yr woma agrees ;) the mat is to keep the belly warm to dissolve the rat and never blown like the bulbs !

Last edited:
Getting this woma in a week !!!!! Soo excitedd!!
dcee36a1-8966-a2ed.jpg

I personally think a 600H cage for a woma is a waste of space, good if you have a climbing species like morelia. Though i have seen mine climb :)

I now run a Snake Whisper tub system for my adults now it 1100L x 800W x 300H and it works an absolute treat.
I dont think i would go back to the old caging system. It has a viewing window and is a dream to maintain and clean and has awesome gradients.

All I added was LED lighting for viewing and lighting cycles. I was so impressed with the 1st bank i got, I ordered another and am selling off the old caging system. Aaron is really good to deal with and is a great craftsman.

You can see the caging size difference in one of the pics, saves on room too :)
There are many options out there you need to use the one that works best for you and your animals.
I can't fault this new system........

Attachments

• woma rack 007.jpg
    woma rack 007.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 182
  • woma rack 008.jpg
    woma rack 008.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 148
I personally think a 600H cage for a woma is a waste of space, good if you have a climbing species like morelia. Though i have seen mine climb :)

I now run a Snake Whisper tub system for my adults now it 1100L x 800W x 300H and it works an absolute treat.
I dont think i would go back to the old caging system. It has a viewing window and is a dream to maintain and clean and has awesome gradients.

All I added was LED lighting for viewing and lighting cycles. I was so impressed with the 1st bank i got, I ordered another and am selling off the old caging system. Aaron is really good to deal with and is a great craftsman.

There are many options out there you need to use the one that works best for you and your animals.

Hi yommy
would the viewing be better on the side instead of the front such a small view lol I guess if u build yr own To suit u I like the idea the rack would save lot of themostats heat cords and heating cost lol I will probably build on side view instead front that's will bring yr eye out more :) and every enclosure is diff lol it hard to choose which better

Hi yommy
would the viewing be better on the side instead of the front such a small view lol I guess if u build yr own To suit u I like the idea the rack would save lot of themostats heat cords and heating cost lol I will probably build on side view instead front that's will bring yr eye out more :) and every enclosure is diff lol it hard to choose which better

Yeah that isn't a bad idea with the side viewing, though multiple caging may take up more space. Comes down to your needs i guess.
I do find by having the smaller view platform at front which is standard with these racks disturbs the animals less.

But for power saving it can't be beat.
2 x 80w heat cords and 36w for all the LED lighting powered by a pulse proportional habistat thermostat.
And for ease of cleaning, thermal qualities and meeting my animals needs, absolute gold dust.
I just want to build a small box at the end to hide the cords etc for ascetics .

Hey Brett does Aaron sell those windowed black tubs with his rack system?

Yeah mate, it came complete with routing (3 rows), all heat cord supplied. Tubs (windows included) standard.

Only thing i added besides the woma's was Hides, water bowls, a thermostat and LED lighting. Did it central (routed into roof) though i would in future do it to the front as when you pull the tubs past lighting it darkens.

But for Woma's i cant fault Aarons system or workmanship. Great setup

Thanks Brett, I'm quite impressed with Aaoron's craftsmanship. Reason I ask is because we're moving to Oz to in a couple months. I've got a large woma collection here in the States that I must leave behind. I plan on starting over in Oz so I've been looking around at setups.

One other tub I really like is the new FB90 tub with cupholder. I may bring some of these along and ask Aaron to build racks for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back