Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!
I just had the best day at work today!!!!!! I got to work with oenpellie pythons. we had a film crew come for the day shooting a new show for discovery chaneel called 'snake buster'. the stars name is Brian - look out he may be the next Steve Irwin!! We spent most of the day filming a captive file snake in the wild as well as a water python. Then we filmed the rock pythons, it is was 4.5 meters long and has massive teeth, it even bit Marshall when we were gettin it out of the enclosure. I took some photos of it so you guys can see it. Hopefully I will upload the pics soon. It looks like a Giant spotted python. Phew What a Day!!!!!!!
Cheers :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lucky you Brodie :!:
Jeez, I've been reading about you and MM at the NT wildlife park and am so jealous. Down here in coldyold Melbourne, the zoo is the closest thing to a reptile park. I can't wait untill this show on Discovery Channel comes out. Good ol' Foxtel. BTW, how's your snake/s doing?
Sim

Well I have finally made up my mind about species.
This week i am going to get a carpet, and then in a few months get a unrelated pair of blonde maccies I hope.
What snakes do you have.

Coastal Carpet Python (proserpine form), I was just speaking to my mum about getting some more snakes or getting a female for my male and breeding them in the furture. She said shes "not sure" so fingers crossed. BTW I've also got two Bluies and a bearded dragon.
Sim

Yeah my parents are like that it took me ages to convince them to get a snake.

oenpellis are the best snake in the world IMO and you got to be that close to one in real life.
i wish i was you. :D

P.S.do you know when the show will start eg. what month?

Hi,
nah they say it wont cum to discovery australia as it is ment for UK discovery. But they said that it will come to ABC hopefully, but I for one am going to write to both discovery australia and ABC to air this show, I am sure if they get enough people they will air it. If they do it which i am sure they will eventually i am sure we will get lots of leadup to it. They are so lucky they are goin around australia for 12 months making this series.
Cheers

are they just looking at specific herps in australia or are they going around looking for anything they can find?

Hi,
No, there was only one person who i no of who actually had them (illegaly) he took them coz he though they were childreni hatclings which they look alot like but with more splogy patterns, he was then raided and his snakes were sent to TWP. the reason u cant keep them is that u are not alowed to remove them from the wild as they live solely in arnhem land and it is illegal to take ne thing off aboriginal land. The 3 that are in captivity are all females, so no breeding, so once these die, they will probably disapear from captivity for a while.
Cheers

congrats on the day brodi.
you can keep oenpellies in captivity if you get a permit to collect them. i konw of a couple of people who are currently in the process of getting a permit to collect them from arnhem land. all you have to do is tell one of the tribe elders that you will give them so much money for each snake you collect and if they agree the permit should go through.

and agian, congrats on the day

cheers
charles

That'll rok
I better get my hands on sum of them :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back