worms

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blading

Reaction score
Hello,
I fed my snake yesterday around 10am later last night at around 2 am i woke to my snake some weird and obsecure movements and then threw up his rat i had earlier fed him. On closer inspection i found two worms, 10cms long that were red with white tails/head.What should i do? and can anyone help with information on why it has happened.

thank you
nick

Roundworms. It will continue regurgitating meals until the worms are dealt with. It will need to be treated orally with worm rid, panacur etc. You could try injecting either of these into a small rodent (following the recommended dosage rate) but it most likely will be regurgitated.

Roundworms usually occur when fed wild rodents( which should never be done), but they can still occur even when using rodents from reliable sources. Roundworms and other internal parasites are very contagious and can spread rather easily to other snakes in the vicinity.

thanx mate should i worm all of the snakes there is 2 others in the same bank should i see the vet and will they do it will it kill him ? and i think he got them from the owner b4 me they were feeding all the reptiles on live rats just hitting them on the head i have been feeding him frozen and i fed him b4 and he was fine then next feed he dose this should i treat all my snakes.?

thank you

nick

It would be wise to treat all the snakes for worms as the worms can spread easily without the snakes coming into contact with each other.

Worms will kill the animals. They cause severe ulcerations to the stomach lining and in large numbers will sap the animals of their strength and starve the animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back