Would you kill a cat....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you shoot a cat if it had a collar?

• Yes - I regularly go shooting/have access to equipment

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • No - I regularly go shooting/have access to equipment

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Yes - never shot anything though

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • No - never shot anything though

Votes: 31 43.7%
  • No opinion - can't say

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss B - aren't dogs easier to discipline than cats?

SUBSEQUENT edit:

If I can train a dog to put a bikkie on his nose and not eat it until i say so - then I think I can train a dog to leave possums and birds alone!

Excuses are formed from laziness!

Miss B - aren't dogs easier to discipline than cats?

If we see that he has caught something, we remove it from him. But no amount of discipline will prevent him from chasing stuff, it's just instinct.

If we see that he has caught something, we remove it from him. But no amount of discipline will prevent him from chasing stuff, it's just instinct.

CODSWOLLOP! Sorry, I don't agree - see my edit to my post...

You train a dog to catch and kill or train them not to...

As I suggest, you can train a dog to sit with a biscuit on his nose and not eat it...

If your dog kills a lamb or calf it will be shot - suprisingly enough it's not the same for wildlife here.

2 - 3 possums is not collateral damage - it's irresponsible owner behaviour.

Perhaps everyone who owns a dog should be required to keep it in a dog run 24/7.

and everyone who drives a car should stop, and everyone who lives in a house should go live in a tent. And everyone who works should plant trees instead :lol:

CODSWOLLOP! Sorry, I don't agree - see my edit to my post...

You train a dog to catch and kill or train them not to...

You obviously haven't had a Golden Retreiver Slimy :lol:

If your dog kills a lamb or calf it will be shot - suprisingly enough it's not the same for wildlife here.

2 - 3 possums is not collateral damage - it's irresponsible owner behaviour.

My dog wouldn't kill a lamb or a calf unless they wandered into his backyard :rolleyes:

And how is my dog any worse than someone's little Maltese terrier that might catch and kill the odd skink in it's backyard? Should every dog be muzzled 24/7, lest they come across some small animal in their own yard?

The difference here, is that I am a realist...

herptrader said:
Then a bullet through the brain perhaps?

Could you have said anything less intelligent?

I'm closing this thread as it's beginning to turn sour and go off-topic.

The original question was whether you would shoot a cat with a collar, and I think the poll has plenty of responses. Hopefully you'll still be able to vote in the poll after the thread has closed.

Edit: Apparently not.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back