WTF!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bloddy hell.............you have fire ants ?? where ?

cant see why some of those are on the list though, cant exactly see donkeys being hard to track down or control !

And yes i said "infested" its just a figure of speech hix, take a chill pill m8 :wink: !

There was an outbreak of Fire ants around Brisbane, but it seems to have been wiped out.
Hix, not all of Aust, but they infest small areas, and I'm talking about Christmas Island with the Crazy ants, sorry bout the dove, got confused and the american cockroach may be cosmopolitan, but it was intoduced.

They have been listed as a feral species somewhere I believe, they have been found around the Sydney area.

Other deer species probably include fallow and chital. Can't see hog deer being much of a problem. They never really took off as a farmed species.

Dicco said:
Hix, not all of Aust, but they infest small areas, and I'm talking about Christmas Island with the Crazy ants, and the american cockroach may be cosmopolitan, but it was intoduced.

Crazy ants on Xmas Island - fair enough, I was thinking mainland Australia, but I have to agree with that one.

As for American Cockroach, I always assumed it was from Australia (or Australasia). A quick Google has confirmed they are not native to this part of the world. I stand corrected again.

And Morelia - I'm chillin' ! I just didn't want you to get the wrong impression of this place!

:p

Hix

peterjohnson64 said:
Personally, I think we should have added ourselves to the list!!!

Totally agree Pete. R U sure you went to Duntroon? Such words of wisdom makes me think not :wink:

Yeah mate I went there but I quit 3 years after graduating. Now I'm an accountant. I am not sure if Stencorp just wanted me on the list or maybe all accountants. Accountants infest places really. We don't make anything. Just spend heaps of recources telling people what things cost or how much money they have. Much worse than rabbits, cats foxes etc.

Can't make a beautiful coat out of an accountant though!!

PMSL Stencorp. But surely you must have at least 40 cents. I know I saved 40 cents today. (should we now re-open Late Night Posts)

Lily has a really good point though. Why have all the greenies stopped fox furs. Surely they are a good way to give people incentives to wipe them out?

stencorp69 said:
Personally, I think we should have added ourselves to the list!!!

I agree you should have added yourself :)

Just jokes :lol:

LMAO now now ! :lol:

I watched slatemans micky takes on croc hunting ! good stuff! although im sure he looks more like "blakey" from one of the old carry on movies! :wink:

Fire ants would be the worst on that list i reckon, insects would be one of the worst things to try and control !
How did all this stuff get out ? I can understand some of it being able to escape capivity, but ancistrus, livebearers & convicts ! must have been deliberate releases? whats a "banteng" ? :?

Hix, no worries about wrong impressions m8, ive been contenplating moving to aus for nearly 10 years now, and nothing anyone could say would discourage me now ! and anyway...if i dont like it...i can always go somewhere else ! (america excluded!) :)

And peter, sorry my friend, but the only experince's ive had with accountants have been them telling how much money i dont have ! ( usually after handing me thier bill too !) :shock: :)

peterjohnson64 said:
Lily has a really good point though. Why have all the greenies stopped fox furs. Surely they are a good way to give people incentives to wipe them out?

The fox fur trade actually keeps the foxes in farms and ranch them. They don't use wild foxes for the fur, as a fur is made up of several pelts. Wild foxes are shot, and that damages the fur, ranched animals can be euthanased without damage to the hide.

It's the ranching the greenies don't like. They don't like the British foxhunts (with hounds and horses) too much either.

:p

Hix

Well im not a greenie but i do believe there are more humaine ways to control an animal than to chase it around the contryside with dogs! Just the upper classes excuse for so called sport ! Id like to chase a few of them around a field with my dogs ! dont know about rubbing their blood on my childrens faces tho !

So it was englishmen that brought everything over then ? and then let it go ! even cornsnakes eh pete !! ? :? englishmen released those to yeah ? lol

sorry Hix, what was it you said about getting the wrong impressions ?? lol

Sorry guys for my ignorance but what is a red eyed slider?

I'll borrow a line from Wombat - The only stupid question is the one not asked. :lol:

Good point Shamous. I believe it is a little terrapin thing that is infecting the nepean river in sydney because, like bloody Mynah birds it is better adapted to our place.

And yeah Mark, OK, you got me on one thing, the corn snake. But you still imported the accountants!!! And me (via my 2nd fleet ancestors).

A red eared slider is a terrapin :wink: usually associated with the "teenage mutant ninja turtle" craze !

no worries peter, :lol: Cracking little new addition you have there wandering around the house ! how much did he/she set you back ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back