Year 12 Design and Tech. Major

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KieranGrech

Reaction score
Recently i have started to construct my snake terrarium for Design and Tech. major. I am close to completion yet am unsure on what type of sealant to use as the timber is somewhat toxic. I have produced a cheap and functional terrarium in the past but want to upgrade to a larger and more appealing product. I am using laminated, Radiata Pine with a lining of thin veneered plywood on the inside to minimise any risk of intoxication, yet the problem arises with the choice of paint or varnish. The varnish would provide a more natural and aesthetic look yet painting the enclosure would as before, minimise risk of intoxication. What i am trying to ask is what type of sealant should i be using to compensate for the timber. I am leaning towards varnish...
any help will be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Ask at your local hardware store. They are most helpful and can discuss the benefits of different types of sealant and finishes. As long as the sealant or finish is allowed to dry completely, there should be no problem when you put in an animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back