yes or no

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK fine, its an experiment to see how many are positive thinking and how many are negative thinking, it was MEANT to be subconscious, but you've just gone and ruined that with the need to know a question. and the whole point was for and automatic response (with out thinking)

so the question can be what ever you want it to be.

is it better hot?
do i like the rain?
do i like pickles?

what ever, that part, the idea of the "question" doesn't matter. the part that matters is the answer,

OK fine, its an experiment to see how many are positive thinking and how many are negative thinking, it was MEANT to be subconscious, but you've just gone and ruined that with the need to know a question. and the whole point was for and automatic response (with out thinking)

so the question can be what ever you want it to be.

is it better hot?
do i like the rain?
do i like pickles?

what ever, that part, the idea of the "question" doesn't matter. the part that matters is the answer,

And this is what they teach the young folk at university these days,lol:D

Your experiment is flawed to begin with (because you are female), and I know a lot of blokes who are just unable to say no to a woman...

Do you know any women who are unable to say no too? That makes this experiment doubly flawed.

i figured it would be a positive/negative thinking test however that theory is flawed from the get go as Yes is not always an inherently positive thing and nor is No an inherently negative thing.

do you enjoy summer? the answer yes or no is a neutral response
do you enjoy others suffering? then Yes is by no means the positive answer.

so i would say that the nature of the question is equally as important and necessary as the answer.

just my 2c

omg, this fails miserable now!, where it fails is you all put too much thought into it,
would this be a better example then, IF i were to meet you in the street and ask "may i borrow your lighter Ive, lost mine" or if i asked "can i use that pen for a moment" (assume that you have either item)
or if i saw that you needed help with some thing (pushing a shopping cart or similar) and asked if i could help you, how would you respond
would you answer yes or no?,

or is there a better question to ask. again the failure in this experiment seams to be all the smarty-pants answers I'm getting. i don't want that, its just clutter all i need is "yes i would" or "no i wouldn't"

the failure in this experiment is apparently the lack of planning and direction by the person conducting said experiment

ha of well fine then i QUIT, you've drove me to that, HAPPY now?
and as for making a poll, i CANT, im not a subcribing member/ so there

the failure in this experiment is apparently the lack of planning and direction by the person conducting said experiment

i would agree a scientific experiment needs to be controlled and this one lacked that.

as to the OP it was a nice attempt and i welcome you to try again however i would encourage you to do a little more research and think a little bit more about it, this particular one was obvious from the get go and you need to preempt the kind of response received and thus add some control's to the experiment to ensure more accurate results

omg, this fails miserable now!, where it fails is you all put too much thought into it,
would this be a better example then, IF i were to meet you in the street and ask "may i borrow your lighter Ive, lost mine"

Why would I be carrying a lighter when I don't smoke?

can we close this, this is getting depressing, like no bodies reads the entire post, they just hear what the wanna hear. i think we have even lost the topic entirely now too

so dose some one have a lighter so i can burn this thing down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back