Yiip YAAAA!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Finally got to watch a jungle laying eggs right in action for the first time yesterday :D .I've missed catching 2 jungles lay but caught this girl just after she'd laid her first egg and sat there with a beer and my camera for around an hour or more before she'd finished.Was awesome to watch,i got 8 good lloking eggs one smaller one which i'm guessing a slug which is fine by me,i raised the pair from hatchlings and only bred the sister to her brother no other males so i could continue this line so i'm stoked and 9 eggs or 8 and 1 slug isn't too bad for her first season and mine for that matter.

I've been wanting to see this for a long time and what a buzz i can't imagine what i'll be like when i see a head pop out :D
Couple of pics and the eggs were all seperated but i took a quick pic quickly before doing so and now sitting incubating nicely...enjoy :D

2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0095.jpg

2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0134.jpg

2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0137.jpg

congrats mate, must have been very good to watch.

awesome as browneye. good to see your hard work pay off. now for the waiting. hehe

re Yiip

Good news browns!! :D Your going good yung dude,youll be a fully fledged breeder soon and you can registere for GST and pay heaps of taxs to Howard 8) :lol: Did your pet toads lay eggs this season! :p

LOL Yeah got 5 clutches of 5000 plus het for tiuty fuityhypo line toads happening as we speak zuludude 8)

Congrats Browns, fingers crossed for a couple of them there, now you are in for the world's longest wait! lol
Cheers
Ad

Thats great Browns.Just a little question as hopefully my Mac will lay within the next week. Your jungle didn't get distracted to much when laying by your attentions? I ask this because I don't know as this hopefully will be my first lot of eggs and I wanted to get some pics .

Congrats Browns, amazing how seemingly relaxed they are when they are in such a vunerable situation being photographed isn't it?
Have you got a picture of the male?

Cheers Neil

Great to hear that all your waiting has paid off Browns! Thanks for the great photos, looking for ward to seeing the hatchling photos now!!

Congrats Browns, fingers crossed for a couple of them there, now you are in for the world's longest wait! lol
Cheers
Ad

Thanks ad,yeah i got more than my fingers crossed for those 2,i've had to ditch 3 eggs from 2 other clutches so far but they all looked suss from the start and one clutch only had 3 eggs..tiny clutch from my Stone pair and 1 egg remains,what's funny is that another clutch was 7 eggs and the female was tiny "easy half the size" compared to the Stone girl.

Thats great Browns.Just a little question as hopefully my Mac will lay within the next week. Your jungle didn't get distracted to much when laying by your attentions? I ask this because I don't know as this hopefully will be my first lot of eggs and I wanted to get some pics .

Well there's something i've read and been told and something i'm still not sure about.Snakes or most egg laying reptiles,amphibians etc are apparently in a trance like state which they are actually laying the eggs which i relate to just like a turtle laying eggs.

This being first breeding i wasn't game enough to test this out,but by rights you should be able to catch or grab each egg as it's being layed without it bothering her at all.This girl in particular is a really highly strung jungle lol i watched every little thing noticing breathing rate,contractions etc and kept very still taking a pic here and there and she wasn't too worried but i wouldn't say she was in a trance...she flinched a couple of times just from me moving and i did put the lid straight back on.Not sure if it's the correct wording that is used but i think it is called a state of torpur,also happens with sharks :wink: You'll be just fine taking pics if you're lucky enough to catch your girl lay Davem ,hope that helps :wink:

Another pic showing another egg popping out while i had the lid of the nest box back on for a bit, you can see her spurs touching the egg and the little creases that dissapear as soon as the egg pops out ,also here's a very recent pic of the male Neil,he's a bright vibrant yellow compared to her gold which should come nicer again after laying but she has definitely gotten some black smuding which i'm sure will stay after laying.. the black on both is as black as black gets and as you can see he has some yellow flecking in his black but nowhere near as much as the girl and he's also smudged with age and originally Krauss line then bred by J Montgomery which would make the offspring 3rd generation and is a well known line for incredible colour that has to be seen in the flesh :D Also a pic of the next girl due to lay anytime now otherwise i'd be at the pub,cheers :D Thanks for the comments peoples,Browns is stoked...yip yaaaaa

2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0107.jpg

2005_1018tullysclosdiamjung0029.jpg

2005_1113JMPalmerstoneggs0132.jpg

Oh yeah i had no idea when she was going to lay but you definitely notice the eggs way way back like in the above pic.

hi browns,
great to hear and see your years of hard work paying off,
i'm stoked for you mate, can't wait to see the guys after they poke their
heads out,

just an update on our girls for you browns,
we have 3 coastals with eggs now, that makes 61 good coastal eggs,
only 2 slugs from the last girl, anybody looking for a new coastal next year, lol,

cheers,
steve..........

Hey, great stuff Browns. So what eggs do you have cooking at the moment? What lines did you breed? And what line is the one with the female laying from?
Keep up the good work.

Good stuff mate look forward to seeing those babies! Awesome stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back