You know your a herper when.......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know you are going to grow up to be a herper when:
age 4, you spot your first wild python. no one believes you so you lead them too it. it is about 10 feet long, everyone freaks, you want to play.
age 5, finally allowed to join in on burning off week, you carry a jar of water and a bucket, bugger the fire, rescue the lizards, frogs etc.
age 7, your big sister promises you a scorpion for christmas, it never comes, 18 years later you still hate her.
age 10, the lizards your brother slips into your bed become cherished pets, he can't understand why there was no hysterical screaming.
age 11, high scool, all your friends freak out at the sight of a rbbs, you calm them down and then worry that their screaming may have frightened the snake.

....When your friend sleeps over and when you wake up in the morning your friend is sitting in the exact same spot looking extremely tired. You ask him what’s wrong and he replies either: “the sound of the crickets kept me awake” or “I was worried i would wake up inside somethings stomach”......

age 11, high scool, all your friends freak out at the sight of a rbbs, you calm them down and then worry that their screaming may have frightened the snake.

i thought snakes couldn't hear so how could the screaming frighten the snake

...When you stay upstairs during your house warming party cause you caught your snake shedding

...When you've checked on all the herps in your house before you see all the people in your house

...When its common for you to shush a shop full of people when you buy your pets food ("Could i have some frozen rats please?" always gets me wide eyes stares at 'Puppy Love')

...Whenever you hear girls scream at uni during summer you go over looking for herps

...When people stay over they turn down the fold out bed cos its "In with the snakes"

...Your bath tub is used for snakes and not people

...You drive around on council clean up days looking for prospective "snake home conversion projects"

...While your partner watches tv in bed you roll over and watch the viv's

...When your more likely to find mice/rats defrosting in your kitchen than steak

...Your logged on to forums like this at 9 o'clock at night and not IRC/MSN like the other 90% of the world

...you wake up with a large cricket on your pillow staring right at you...and it doesn't freak you out ...

-Everywhere in your house is a mess except for inside enclosures

-you get newspapers but never read them unless someone says there is a reptile story

-you buy more expensive beer so you can get the cardboard six pack thingys for hides

-you go fishing but your not the one who eats the fish

-kittens are seen as a potential resource not just a pest

-you take 10 times longer to mow the lawn so you dont kill as many herps

-you have thousands of photos but none of ppl

-you shoot snakes with a camera instead of a shottie

haha my room looks like a br**hel from outside.. all the red lights at night..
just need a neon sign in the front window now and ill be right :p

sorry all, i know this thread ws a while ago, but i thought this one up and had to share:
You know your'e a herper when: you hear the story of Adam and Eve and wonder what kind of serpent it was.

You know your'e a herper when: you hear the story of Adam and Eve and wonder what kind of serpent it was.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know you are a herper when:

You have answered threads like this SO many times and STILL laugh at new ones and have a few new ones yourself...

some of your friends choose not to visit you anymore because they are afraid the snakes will be out

you and your herps make you the most popular aunt on the planet

you no longer go on long overseas holidays, because you don't want your snakes to get bitey and your dragons lonely

you can't stop checking out the herp classifieds even though you know you really DO have enough

you can teach your jungles tricks when you should be doing the book keeping

you spend more time cleaning vivariums than you do cleaning the house

you steal all the glass from all the cabinets left out for collections (and sometimes the cabinets too)

you fight other herpers over driftwood found on the beach

when you realise there are only herps and herp food

you buy matching pillow cases for the different herp species and your bed has rags

you talk about your herps as much as mums talk about their babies

you spend too much time deciding what you are going to buy for your herps next

you buy the herp food before the groceries...

... you've got in trouble from your SO (significant other) for looking at the free kitten adds with a gleam in your eye

... your neighbors think you're a prostitute, because they can see a red light in one of your windows every night
[/LEFT]

your are readind this nodding and thinking yep thats me.......

i just had to comment on the above two, re the lights, sadly i had to change my lights in the front of the house to blue ones instead of red, got some comments like it from a few people, only one directly to me but heard of the others, i was well a little *red* in the face and thats not easy to do !

as for the kittens, well i will just leave that one alone, lets just say it did make me smile when i read it :)
(also would just like to clarify no i have never feed kittens just in case anyone thinks that)

thanks for the chuckly but

as for the kittens, well i will just leave that one alone, lets just say it did make me smile when i read it
(also would just like to clarify no i have never feed kittens just in case anyone thinks that)
not live ones anyway (tongue in cheek guys!)

When you find yourself selling your possessions on eBay to make room/money to buy more snakes!

slowing down on hard rubbish days to check for anything vaguely useful for herps - and herp related 'products' (mice)

When you come home from work you give a passing "Hi Babe" to your fiancee while you're going to the snake room.

When you'll only buy a house with enough yard space for a workshop to build out door enclosures and enought yard space for the enclosures(and pool and BBQ area)

When your so hung over you're being supported while walking but when you see the RBBS you manage to walk over to it to watch it.

You're 30 mins late to work cause you stop constantly to move the blueys and shingles off the road

While driving the work car you jump on the brakes and jump out to get a good look at the Brown Snake you just saw while everyone else in the car is freaking out

When your Fiancee tells you how much she spent on her wedding dress you think "hmmm, thats a few NICE pythons there"

You keep tally of how much your fiancee spends on her hair etc so you have a come back when she says " you can't afford that snake right now

When you duck home on your lunch break to check on your snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back