you wont guess how old this snake is.. case of neglect :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh the poor things smaller than my yearlings, glad to hear he's in better hands;)
I'd be careful with misting a few times a day, being kept in damp conditions can cause problems like respiratory infections & skin infections. I know he's having trouble shedding so try just misting him every second day. Goodluck

Probley stressed about everything that ha happened so he probley will start to shed alot better soon

be careful you dont overfeed !!

Id wait for something to come out the other end before offering food each time.....you will get the conditon on...good consistent care is what is needed.

i am also curious.. my big bredli is power fed and i dont wait for him to do a poo between feeds.. he seems to be alive.

That's so good to hear, shows how resilient they really are doesn't it?

Sure does gruni.
Turns out hes a little terror now that he has some energy.. im embarrassed to say that i use a hook to get him out haha so bitey!! I guess thats what years of neglect will do to a snake??

I just weighed him on my cheapo scales and hes put on approx 30 grams since the 12/2/12. pretty happy with that :) :)

Thanks for the interest and support!! :)
Chelsie xx

LOL that is so cool. Can't wait to see some pics to compare how he's gooten along.

Standards for neglect & animal abuse are often glazed over for reptiles. I recantly aquired a children's python that is incredibly aggressive the family wont go near it. They asked me to tame it since I have a reputation as snake whisperer lately with a carpet I tamed into submission.

Anyway they said it was about 1.5-2 years old which I figured was maturity for childrens (I could be wrong, feel free to correct me) To me the snake looks less than six months old. Its skinnier than a pencil! They have been feeding it fuzzies when I asked how often as when they are adults a full grown mouse a week is good the guy goes "not that often"

They are the NICEST family ever & I can't help but think if it was a dog or cat they would never have been allowed to reach that level. The family is completely ignorant of how to handle a snake. Don't even get me started on cat owners who let thier cats run around outside. I think a new law should be passed allowing people to shoot outside cats.

They fed it friday I fed it another fuzzie on Sunday. I was going to feed it one more fuzzie on tuesday & then start handling it on Thursday. how much feeding is too much for a neglected snake?

The little fella is lucky he has you then. I would always be up for helping out an abandoned python or too. Good work :)

hey everyone!!
snapped a pic of the little fella when i had him out for cleaning the other day. i have named him "Kanye" after Kanye West cos hes a mother*******ing MONSTER!!! and if its a girl itll just change to nicki minaj hahahaha
anywhere heres a pic. skin looks nice and tight now and got a fat little tummy. View attachment 240668

Standards for neglect & animal abuse are often glazed over for reptiles. I recantly aquired a children's python that is incredibly aggressive the family wont go near it. They asked me to tame it since I have a reputation as snake whisperer lately with a carpet I tamed into submission.

Anyway they said it was about 1.5-2 years old which I figured was maturity for childrens (I could be wrong, feel free to correct me) To me the snake looks less than six months old. Its skinnier than a pencil! They have been feeding it fuzzies when I asked how often as when they are adults a full grown mouse a week is good the guy goes "not that often"

They are the NICEST family ever & I can't help but think if it was a dog or cat they would never have been allowed to reach that level. The family is completely ignorant of how to handle a snake. Don't even get me started on cat owners who let thier cats run around outside. I think a new law should be passed allowing people to shoot outside cats.

They fed it friday I fed it another fuzzie on Sunday. I was going to feed it one more fuzzie on tuesday & then start handling it on Thursday. how much feeding is too much for a neglected snake?

im not an expert but dont feed it that often. this guy gets two fuzzy rats every 5 days. as long as he has done a poo which he always has done so far.
if im feeding that often i make sure they poo first.. dunno why haha. my big bredli was due for a feed 3 days ago but hasnt done a poo so im waiting for him to poo.
once a week will be fine for your snake. go a size up on food but change to a rat. weigh the snake and feed 20-25% of its weight.

Last edited:
The photo came up as an invalid attachment so I couldn't see it!!! :cry:

He looks great, he's filled out a lot already and looks so nice and shiny. Well done.

awesome work, excellent job done :)
I love my new Bredli....except being almost 7 foot his a little intimidating lol

eating like a boss. 8 fuzzy rats down two to go.. any recommendations on what to feed now ?
hopper rats will be too big..

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-02 at 4.56.31 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-03-02 at 4.56.31 PM.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 75
If he can eat 8 fuzzies he shouldn't have a problem with hoppers. I feed my snakes 15% of their body weight, it took me a while to get used to the fact that they can eat something so large.

"kanye" will be moved onto hopper rats today.. im excited!!! hes doing really well, but i honestly cant wait to get rid of him haha.
obviously wont be for at least a year, but hes a prick haha.

My Stimson's have been eating Hopper rats for ages lol and they are smaller then him. The stretch greatly but love the larger rats...Enjoy taking piks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back