your faveroute artist

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Product Name (if anyone has a copy of the album "Club Veg" or any of the tracks which were on it please get in touch!)
Devo
Giorgio Moroder
Mozart
John Williams (yeah, I know, I'm a theme song appreciating weirdo)
Benny Hill
Moby wasn't prodigiously brilliant, but I did enjoy some of his stuff
Queen were weirdos, but they were brilliant for their time
Toto was fairly talented
Nena, even if only for 99 luft ballons
2NU are still fun if I'm in the mood, particularly on road trips!
Tchaikovsky wasn't bad
Depeche Mode (I only like one of their songs, but I like it enough to mention them)
Blondie always brings back good 80's memories
INXS for the same reason
Bananarama, just because musically they were so utterly talentless but somehow managed to remain popular! (The must have been very talented musicians, even if music wasn't an area any of the members had any talent in!)
Wagner! Ride of the Valkyries is arguably the best piece of music ever written! (Then again, I'd have to put Giorgio Moroder's The Duel ahead of it)
Midnight Oil... mainly because I spent a heck of a lot of time listening to them, starting from when I was too young to have a say in the matter, so I had no choice but to grow up liking them! (Peter Garett once chose me out of the crowd to come up on stage at an Oils concert! :p )
Patrick Hernandez (yeah, I know, I'm a dag, but I was born to be alive)
Iggy Pop (yeah, I already told you I was a dag)
ABBA (yeah, I know, get over it)
ZZ Top (if you ignore their garbage and pretend it doesn't exist :p )
Whoever wrote the Peanuts theme song
Whoever composed Fuschia Fantasy
Whoever wrote the Road Runner theme
Buggles! Internet killed the bulletin board! (don't ask :p)
Bangles
Ulysses Blue (yes, okay, because I'm obliged ;) )
Hot Butter (C'mon, it was classic!)
A whole heap more, including a lot of one hit wonders who really don't deserve to be mentioned... okay Kim Wilde, Knack, Stepenwolf... and 80's artists most of you won't have heard of

Cytad, Wesley WIllis... yeah, okay, now I actually am joking ;)

I can hear the howls of derision already, but all I need to do is quote "Airheads":
"who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?"
"Lemmy. No, No, God"
"BARRRRRP!!!! Trick question... Lemmy IS God!"

thats a great movie

Im listening to Pink Floyd again after being on the shelf for a few years.
The words this time...the song 'Time' is a classic.

Also Techno and House including timo maas, endorphin, DJ CAFFEINE !
But also like The Herd, Buddhist music, Lucky Dube, Patricia Spero and Rokia Traore and quite a few other World Music Bands/singers.

Broad range. Even got some of the big man in da house.......... Mozart.

man 9 out of 10 on here ive never heard of!!!!

Older Music has to be John Farnham!

Newer Music has to be Jamiroquai

Hardcore Metal/ Heavy Metal.

Lamb of god, Parkway drive, Wish for wings, As I lay dying, I killed the prom queen, Underoath.

Bands like those. :):)

Damn yobbo 80's rock.

Give me metal anyday.

None of that yobbo 80's metal either!

yobbo's 80 metal? some of the best metal bands ever!!!!
-Metallica
-Iron Maiden
-Black Sabbath
-Anthrax
-Dio
-Accept
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Saxon
-Motley Crue
-Guns n’ Roses
-Megadeth
-Yngwie Malmsteen
-Judas Priest
-Scorpions
-Def Leppard
-W.A.S.P.

yobbo's 80 metal? some of the best metal bands ever!!!!
-Metallica
-Iron Maiden
-Black Sabbath
-Anthrax
-Dio
-Accept
-Ozzy Osbourne
-Saxon
-Motley Crue
-Guns n’ Roses
-Megadeth
-Yngwie Malmsteen
-Judas Priest
-Scorpions
-Def Leppard
-W.A.S.P.

Got to agree with you there whitey!!!
Also through in ;80's Goth, punk and pop and you have it made!!!
Also listen to most Goth (not EMO, punk,industrial, rock etc etc \m/

My favourite composers are Bach, Mozart (except for his heavier stuff), Glenn Miller and Tan Dun.

For vocals I can't go past Ella Ftizgerald, Billie Holiday, Karen Carpenter and Teddy Tahu Rhodes, who I utterly worship.

Favourite bands include The Australian Chamber Orchestra, Portishead, G. Love and Special Sauce, The Cat Empire, KODO Drummers of Japan.

Afro Moses is a funky little critter, though I'm not sure what catagory to place him in.

Album of the moment is "Billy the Rabbit". Lyrics by Michael Leunig (the whimsical poet). Music by Gyan and friends (gentle folksy sort of stuff, and a perfect match for Leunig's whimsical thoughts).

I like mostly Metal/Hardcore, but will listen to almost everything!
Favourites would be Burning Season, Tool, Shotpointblank, Unearth and of course, possibly the best band in the world - Queen.

I like heaps of genre including artists such as;

Rock/hard rock; Metallica, Dio, Accept, WASP, Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, G&R, AC/DC, Manowar, The Cult, KISS, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Iron Maiden, Hinder, Skid Row, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, John Petrucci, Screaming Jets, Chisel, Extreme, and others.

Country; Troy Cassar-Daley, Keith Urban, Shania Twain, Michael Peterson, Garth Brooks (old stuff), Tim McGraw, Lonestar, etc

Other; Johnny Coltrane (saxophone), Earl Bostic (saxophone), Billy Joel, Michael Brecker (saxophone), Brett g a r s e d (guitarist), John Farnham, Liquid Soul, Morphine, plus others my shrinking grey matter can't remember right now...

propagandhi, screeching weasel, the vandals, NOFX, sublime, bouncing souls,.....just to name a few,..

some that have just popped up on the winamp player thingy are josh pyke, james taylor, rage against the machine, 1200 techniques, pj harvey, muse, regurgitator, tool, millencollin, the smiths, bryn terfel, buzzcocks, echo and the bunnymen, camille, NIN and my favourite of all time - belle & sebastian.

a dogs breakfast as you can see... bits of everything in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back