Your opinion...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apple

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, i currently own a port mac carpet about 1.5m and i was thinking about getting a 1.5m darwin carpet python would it be ok to keep them in the same tank?

Do you no what sex they are,imo i defiantly wouldnt,if the darwin is a male,i think you should sell 2 me as im looking at getting a male for my 2 girls.Seriously you shouldnt keep them together.

There both females and i don't plan make them breed with any other snake a different species i just want to know as i have a nice big cage and my friend wants to give the snake to me and i have no other room?(as he is down grading)

Definately not...

But lucky you for getting her given to you, enjoy her and update with heaps of piccies lol

If you dont have the room,sing out,ive got a spare enclosure,

Plenty of keepers keep two snakes in the same cage but there is a risk. If seperate they cant eat each other. If kept together they may.

Its not reccomended to keep Port mac with Port mac or Darwin with Darwin so Port mac with Darwin is a big NO NO. Snakes only come together throughout breeding season, snakes a solitary animals. If its new, the first thing you need to do is quarentine it, if you don't you may not have any snakes..

Thanks for the intel most appreciated....out of curiosity are there any snakes you can confidently keep together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back