Yum Yum

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Fed the roughie again tonight and she powered down a small rat.......havent been keeping this species for very long and its surprising how big a meal they can get down. They have a large head but a really skinny neck. I had previously been feeding her on weaner rats but it seems smalls (about 80-110g) are def the way to go. Once she gets her jaws spread she seems to swallow it down really fast.

Amazing critter to keep and now I have one I cant imagine my collection ever being without one.

Also a few random pics from the other day.....they are great/annoying to get out as they are quite active and always want to climb everything which is good but a pain to get back in the enclosure!

Just beware of the teeth!

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_8510.JPG
    IMG_8510.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8533.JPG
    IMG_8533.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 95
  • tail pattern.JPG
    tail pattern.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 91
  • eyes.JPG
    eyes.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8491.JPG
    IMG_8491.JPG
    198.5 KB · Views: 83
IMO they are one of the ugliest snakes around but also one of the most interesting. How long did it take to eat that little snack?

Dave
looking good maybe try some quail later.
like to own one

cris - took about 5 mins, she weighs about 700g so not a really big feed given her body weight. have you seen one in the flesh? I was really not interested at all until I saw one in the flesh. I wouldnt say they are attractive but there is just something about them that I find interesting, dont really know what it is though?!?!

Brent - thanks mate.....while she is eating rats I will keep her on them but if she ever becomes fussy I know she has eaten quail in the past. If im lucky we and junglerob might have some eggs later in the year.

man cant wait til they are a more kept species i so want one , awesome snake dude

cris - took about 5 mins, she weighs about 700g so not a really big feed given her body weight. have you seen one in the flesh? I was really not interested at all until I saw one in the flesh. I wouldnt say they are attractive but there is just something about them that I find interesting, dont really know what it is though?!?!

I find them very interesting and have only seen them from a distance in the flesh. You probably find them interesting because they are such a wonderful unique critter JMO.

cris - wasnt having a go at you at all, I probably would have agreed with you a few months ago as I had very little interest in them personally until I saw one in the flesh. Yeah i knew they were new and exciting for the herp scene but had no real desire to keep one until I saw one.......wait until you hold one and get up close and personal with one and I think you will want one badly!

asharee - when I went over to pick her up from robs place I had her in my hands and rob walked past and she snapped at him and then just kept her mouth open and hissed at him and that was as close as I want to get her teeth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back