Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfcop24

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A snake handler was bitten by a Death Adder this afternoon......

As far as I know he is now in Safe hands at the Hospital and is Okay....

Due to my job, all I can mention it was on the Southside of Brisbane, and I cannot mention any details that might pinpoint who the person is (even though I know it name, age address etc.)..... But if they so wish to disclose how it happened etc...Feel Free....

Basically this is put up by myself as a freindly reminder of our Hobby.....

Venemous Snakes Can and Will Bite.....

Learn First Aid.... And Call for the Ambulance ASAP....

Take Care All...!!!

LOL this all sounds too familiar!!! xD

(personal joke sorry to those that don't understand)

Nat ;)

Wow, I wonder how it happened? Sometimes you may think why are they licenced if they are careless enought to get bitten. Lucky it wasn't something more deadly.

Wow, I wonder how it happened? Sometimes you may think why are they licenced if they are careless enought to get bitten. Lucky it wasn't something more deadly.

Yeah cause a Death Adder isn't deadly, theres what 7 snakes that are deadlier in the world?

If you want to support the hobby, keep incidents like this to yourself. Remember that not everyone who reads this forum is a snake lover......the more people hear of 'deadly snake attacks' the more restrictions end up put on us as keepers.....

Not meant in an agro way, just something to think about.
Jordan

Jordan it wasnt a "deadly snake atack" as you state.....

the handler got correct first aid instructions and called for Medical assistance......

All is good......

Venemous Snakes are not Deadly unless you are miles away from Medical Assistance.... Chill!!!

Jordan it wasnt a "deadly snake atack" as you state.....

the handler got correct first aid instructions and called for Medical assistance......

All is good......

Venemous Snakes are not Deadly unless you are miles away from Medical Assistance.... Chill!!!

Preaching to the converted bud :lol: "Deadly snake attack" was said sarcastically, i thought it was obvious. My point is, spreading the word of snake bites in no way helps the hobby, if anything it makes life more difficult for people like myself when it comes to Elapids. The less people hear about envenomations the better......so Chill!!!

Jordan

Yeah cause a Death Adder isn't deadly, theres what 7 snakes that are deadlier in the world?

I think you need to do a little reaserch. Death Adders, despite their name, are not as deadly as you think. Lets say he got bitten by a Tiapan, or a Tiger Snake. Then his time would be alot more short. If you don't really understand what you are saying, don't say it.......

Man, some people can't come up with an original gimmick! :lol:

Hahaha!
I saw you on the news.
I want an autograph!!
Recovering well?

That sucks, I'd hate to be him, at-least he has bragging rights.

What bragging rights,why would you "brag"about being bitten

no it would just give another bad rap to snakes and elapid keeping

like some guys where saying b4 dont say stuff like that it scares ppl away....
b4 they get a pet snake they should know they are not a toy and some are very dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back