Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
like some guys where saying b4 dont say stuff like that it scares ppl away....
b4 they get a pet snake they should know they are not a toy and some are very dangerous

I hate it when people impulsively buy reptiles, I did work experience in a pet shop, and a guy came in, didn't know a thing about snakes, he asked me what they eat, then when I told him he asked "can't they just eat dog food" and 10 minutes later he walked out with a python.

Death Adders are dangerous??? I guess that's why they arn't called snuggle sticks.....

If it can still kill you what difference does it make?

It makes a differance because it will not kill you as fast, or do anywhere as much damage as some other snakes such as a Thaipan. For example, if bitten by a Eastern Tiger snake you may get long term, life changing, muscler damage, while the Death Adder may only be deadly over a period of time.

Im not saying that is fine to be bitten by a Death Adder, im just saying it could of been alot worse. Why can't people understand that?

Thaipan's are very dangerous, you don't want to rub up against a thaipan the wrong way...

Wow, I wonder how it happened? Sometimes you may think why are they licenced if they are careless enought to get bitten. Lucky it wasn't something more deadly.
Anybody can make mistake's all it take's is a split second and yes Adder venom can be very nasty and extremely painful imagine your arm swelling up till the skin almost split's and feeling like it has just been smashed with a sledgehammer among other effects.Most venom's can kill but they all have different propertie's and effect's. So saying its lucky it wasn't something more deadly is foolish and very misinformed,Because a lot of venom's will effect different people differently.

[quote=urodacus_au;1208580]If you want to support the hobby, keep incidents like this to yourself. Remember that not everyone who reads this forum is a snake lover......the more people hear of 'deadly snake attacks' the more restrictions end up put on us as keepers.....

Not meant in an agro way, just something to think about.

Jordan[/quote]

And the day that we aren't allowed to keep elapids is getting closer!!:(:(:(

Due to my job, all I can mention it was on the Southside of Brisbane, and I cannot mention any details that might pinpoint who the person is (even though I know it name, age address etc.)..... But if they so wish to disclose how it happened etc...Feel Free....

Do you feel better now that you've told APS and you've been the sharer of news?

If you can't mention details 'due to your job' then why mention anything at all?
You could have just made a thread reminding people about the respect needed for animals.

iv already got sdaji to sign my deathie...i figured it may be worth a fair bit when i put it up on ebay for sale.

Sorry guys and girls, it wasn't me...I spent the morning in Dalby doing awareness seminars and the afternoon in the Brigalow herping :)

Do you feel better now that you've told APS and you've been the sharer of news?

If you can't mention details 'due to your job' then why mention anything at all?
You could have just made a thread reminding people about the respect needed for animals.

Ummmm... Thats what this thread was meant to be....Heance...First Aid..Call Ambulance...And Take Care All!!!

Thats all it was meant to be.... Not a bagging session about people keeping Elapids.... I too would like to one day....Missus permitting of course.....

Hahaha!
I saw you on the news.
I want an autograph!!
Recovering well?

That sucks, I'd hate to be him, at-least he has bragging rights.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm recovering well! :lol:

I'd fully recovered by the time it had been reported :) Thanks :)

An autograph? :lol:

It makes a differance because it will not kill you as fast, or do anywhere as much damage as some other snakes such as a Thaipan. For example, if bitten by a Eastern Tiger snake you may get long term, life changing, muscler damage, while the Death Adder may only be deadly over a period of time.

Im not saying that is fine to be bitten by a Death Adder, im just saying it could of been alot worse. Why can't people understand that?

Well lets be worse, if I eat a peanut tomorrow I die. Are you saying that's worse than a taipan bite. But it must be because I can wrap a taipan bite and that will give me a few hours. But if I eat a peanut i've probably got 1-2 mins before my airways close up and I suffocate.
Any snake that bites you is the worse one.

Can't believe i'm standing up for sdaji here, however it wasn't the venom that got him it was an illergic reaction (correct me if i'm wrong here) to the venom so a bite is a bite doesn't matter what it is from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we're all glad you recovered Sdaji :D Must have been terrible in that induced coma! ;)

I like the way the paramedic told the news that on arrival at hospital I was still in an altered state of mind! Hehe, maybe we should show him that Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine thread, and several of the ones I made before the bite. That way he'll understand it was just me being normal :lol: I still can't understand why he would say that :lol: I suppose it wasn't quite as inaccurate as the reports that I had died :p I loved the looks on the faces when I walked into the local lab after the bite :lol: They all went pale! They thought I was dead :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back