HOLY COW... no wait thats actually a dog...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should get one it would look so funny

a 4.11ft 4tiny girl walking a huge 80k dog lol

I think you mean a 80kg dog walking a 4'11" girl, but yeah i get the picture :lol:

I know a bloke with one, it's about a year old and 80kg. Their a serious dog that needs serious fencing, no colourbond for these guys, they will go straight through it.

I know a bloke with one, it's about a year old and 80kg. Their a serious dog that needs serious fencing, no colourbond for these guys, they will go straight through it.
LOL far out, when u see ur mate again get a pic i am so interested in this breed now they are so gorgeous!
hahaha i can picture one rite now just going straight thru a fence lol

yep there are definatly for real there is a breeder in my town and have seem quiet a few of there breeders and must say im a huge fan, if i didnt already have my huge neopolitan mastiff i would have me one of these guys

here a link to the victorian breeders http://www.dandalooboerboels.com.au/About Us.html

not only do they breed some of the best boerboels but they are lovely people

plus they have gathered there stock from some of the best breeding lines from africa

and no i dont own stock or anything have just spoken to them in depth about it many times

cheerz

Attachments

• mack.jpg
    mack.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 44
LOL far out, when u see ur mate again get a pic i am so interested in this breed now they are so gorgeous!
hahaha i can picture one rite now just going straight thru a fence lol

Will do, their like a big, fit, energetic Mastiff. Where as some of the larger Mastiff type breeds are lazy and don't require a huge amount of exercise, these are the opposite, very friendly and playfull, which can be a handfull at 80+kg's.

wow snakecharma and jason this stuffs amazing, these would have to be one of if not the biggest breed of dog in aus atm?

is there any breeders in s.a?

how much did ur mate pay for his jason?

Jeez. If I had 3k id be down at gatton buying one already! :lol:

A mate from work is looking into getting some of these..
He's got a few Dogue de bordeaux and shows them and they are big enough, lovely looking dogs though.
3k is quite a bit, and I'm assuming it's madatory de-sexing too..

I have heard of this breed before i believe they are also known as South African Mastiff"s, they look like a pretty damn good dog. appears to be couple of breeders in australia. if i didnt like american bulldogs so much id probably by one as my next dog as i have owned and been around quite a few mastiffs:)

OMG!! That's sooooo much puppy but adorable! You'd have to be pretty strong to keep one of these in check - Obedience training would be a must!! LOL

hmmmmm not 100% sure about the manditory de-sexing but i have a feeling that the breeder here allows you to make up your own mind but dont hold me to that as its probably the only thing i have not specificaly asked

missllama - not sure of a SA breeder but i know that the one here sell them all over Aust, and as far as the biggest dog's well im sure there are some other big breeds such as newfoundland and saint bernards but they are definatly in the top 3 if not the biggest.

im a huge fan of mastiff's always have been as i said if i had not already got my neo i would have one of these, but also a huge fan of the dogue de bordeaux but have also been told that the boerboels dont have such a drool problem like the neo's and bordeaux

and 3k for a large dog is not much these days i know neo's, bordeaux, danes and others with good linage are hard to find under $3,000 i have seen alot of well bred staff's going for around the $3,000 mark as well so yeah $3k for a dog these days is not really over priced, its similar to GTP's and albino darwins as more numbers become available the prices drop but if you want something that hardly anyone has then you pay the extra at the start

cheerz

I wonder how heavy they weight as adults if there 10kg as puppies lol.. There bigger then my dog and my dog is a year old :lol:. Wouldn't want to be on there bad side!

hm......... I wonder how much they EAT when they're adults!!!!!! what do you reckon, one or two horses per week, each???? LOL

Neapolitan Mastiff: According to the American Kennel Club (AKC) standards [1], male Neapolitan Mastiffs should measure 26–31 inches (66–79 cm) at the withers, weighing 150 pounds (70 kg), but can easily reach up to 200 pounds (90 kg) for larger males, while females should be 24–29 inches (61–74 cm) and weigh around 140 pounds (64kg). Body length should be 10-15% more than that of the height.

Boerboel: Size
The ideal height for male Boerboels is 66 cm at the withers though it can vary between 64-70cm (25-28 inches). The height for the females should be 61 cm this can vary between 59-65cm (23-26 inches).
Height, Weight
Height: males 25-28 inches (64-70 cm.), female 23-25.5 inches (59-65 cm.). Weight: 154-200 pounds (70 and 90 kg.)

Neo's should be a tad taller, 66 - 79cm is the ideal. Boerbeols ideal is 66cm.

Both should weight between 60 - 90kg, depending on lines, male/female etc.

Last edited:
If you wanna see big dogs look up Neapolitan Mastiffs. ;)

these are way bigger than neo's lol i have a big 60kg male blue neo and these things make him look like a woose bag lol they also alot broader in the chest area which gives them that 'body builder' kinda look hehehe

mind you mines only 18mth old so will get abit more height but the boerboels carry alot more muscle as neo's have more skin thus the same size dog the boerboels are alot heavier

cheerz

Boerboels are a mastiff but far more agile. they have been known to catch and kill cheetahs in south africa and are bold enough and intimidating enough to stand their ground with a charging elephant. They ARE NOT recommended for people with little experience with large dogs and are said to be extremely protective of their owners and property. I have read comments from breeders who say if you open your gate and your boerboel sees someone walking past they WILL attack them. And unlike other breeds who will corner an intruder and hold them at bay until someone comes, a boerboel will attack and bite- meaning the person will end up in hospital or worse. A truely incredilbe dog for someone who is strong enough, experienced enough and has the time

these are way bigger than neo's lol i have a big 60kg male blue neo and these things make him look like a woose bag lol they also alot broader in the chest area which gives them that 'body builder' kinda look hehehe

mind you mines only 18mth old so will get abit more height but the boerboels carry alot more muscle as neo's have more skin thus the same size dog the boerboels are alot heavier

cheerz

I have decided a neo will be the dog for me cause of you :lol:

Lovely dogs, but the short lifespan of giant breeds means you don't get to enjoy their company as long as a smaller dog. The biggest dog I've ever seen was a 100kg male wolfhound. He made my male rottie look like a toy breed and the fluff dog looked like his toe lint!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back