Corn snakes in Oz

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha yep i was just being about a smart $$$ had this picture lined up but forgot about it, personally I hate people who keep exotics and the frustrating thing is they think they have something special.

haha that could be very true

and no one is going to care because they think its a lie and your being a smart $$$:lol::lol:

Attachments

• Corn%204%20ears.jpg
    Corn%204%20ears.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 128
So " your thinking about calling and letting the authorities know " .
You say that it totally annoys you , well if it piss's you off so much , DO IT !
Why don't you do it , dont big note yourself on here and not do it !.

How many tough people get on here , bragging about how much they loves reptiles , and in the same breathe , tell us they know people with corn's / balls ? .

That annoys me more then the people breeding these snakes .
It's called " being a hypocrite " .
I said "I KNOW of people that own corns/balls" never did I say they were close friends or that I know where these individuals live, I HATE people that dont take the time to read people posts properly and just fly off the handle ranting and raving:rolleyes:, when I get the appropriete information I will be reporting these people!! I'm no big noter or hypocrite you goose I was simply adding to a thread to show there are idiots out there that own these exotics and I wont be turning a blind eye or staying silent like others may!!

get a few years experience keeping reptiles, talking to other keepers or work in a reptile supplies shop and you will soon see exotic snakes are just as prominent in collections as legally kept native species.

get a few years experience keeping reptiles, talking to other keepers or work in a reptile supplies shop and you will soon see exotic snakes are just as prominent in collections as legally kept native species.

that might be why a i've had a few breeders not want me looking in there snake rooms :p would be a wise move too because I would rat them out in a heartbeat.

I met a guy in Bathurst before I moved from the dump who had quite a few corn snakes yet he was admired around town as a commited conservationist & commited to Aus snakes!!! Shame nobody saw him as just another ******** breeding foriegn species:x Annoying for those of us doing the right thing, I would LOVE someTarantulas from O/S but its ILLEGAL so I dont bother risking my legal collection by having something like that.

Ppl do hold zoo licenses which allows them to keep exotic species. Maybe he has the license. Someone well admired like that would otherwise have been caught by now I would imagine.

I heard that corn pythons are living in wild collonies in many of australias states and territories. I have stopped telling people how much I'd love to have a cobra because it got harder and harder to refuse offers. All the time it was people who know people who have them or people who can find out and get some. I never knew someone who directly had them or bred them, or maybe i did without knowing, who knows, I'd rather not.

True I have sold enclosures to people who have told me they are getting a corn and I also have heard about the wild corns in Syd. So I guess there out there:(

If anyone knows of these wild corn populations in sydney can you please pm me I would love to go see if I could find any. Bring back the memories of me catching them with my grandfather in America.

Hmm Theres alot of illegal snakes out there as it is.. WE DONT WANT MORE..

I have stopped telling people how much I'd love to have a cobra because it got harder and harder to refuse offers.

When we first got into the hobby in QLD we had the same issue with corn snakes. I was completely amazed at the numbers circulating. We were quoted 250 bucks a pop, making them more affordable than most natives >_<. What really blew me away was the complete confidence of these people, listening to them you'd think it was perfectly legal and above-board.

We've all heard of small populations floating about, and I think a corn snake fell out of a tree in St Kilda just recently, but I'm surprised that there's not more of a wild presence, these animals are certainly tough and hardy, and I would imagine they've been in Australia for at least a few decades by now, so why aren't we swimming in them?.

For those in the know, is there a reason why Australia doesn't have the abundance of colubrids most other land-masses have?. At first I though maybe a simple lack of appropriate sized bio-mass as food, but there's plenty of elapids here that seem to do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back