started my 4 bay enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smeejason

Reaction score
had a day off today and got my new BHP rack under way. each bay is 1200 x 500 high x 600 deep.
all i have left is
the white trimming
the back
the siliconing
the heating
the lighting
the painting
the glass track
the glass
and then to put snakes in:?:shock:
so in a few months they should be all happy in the new house
let me know what you think.
so far it has set me back les than $70 and was all cut to size for me.
P1000501.jpg

P1000503.jpg

Coming along nicely,you get a great satisfaction when you built your own enclosures.I like how you said all ive got left to do is this,,,this..this..this..this and then this,so basically you have everything to do except putting the melamine together,lol...Dont forget pictures once its done...

looking good but when i build my enclosures i find it best to edge the melamine first but thats just me but its still looking good ,cant wait to see the finished product

great job! i'll be looking at doing something like this abit later, so i will be keeping a close eye!

are you gonna paint that pine white or how u gonna do that?

by the way looking nice!

Last edited:
I made a few of similar size and had one problem which caused heaps of drama. When I went to the sliding glass method I found in time the upper levels would sag in the middle making opening the doors very difficult. To fix this I changed it to a hinged door setup and putting a melamine strip in the middle (ie. from your pine strip to the top).

Just a thought, hopefully you have thought about that potential problem.

are you gonna paint that pine white or how u gonna do that?

by the way looking nice!
yeh got the paint today to do it.

I made a few of similar size and had one problem which caused heaps of drama. When I went to the sliding glass method I found in time the upper levels would sag in the middle making opening the doors very difficult. To fix this I changed it to a hinged door setup and putting a melamine strip in the middle (ie. from your pine strip to the top).

Just a thought, hopefully you have thought about that potential problem.
yeh have had this problem before so i am bracing under each floor. hopefully the pine that is at the front and back wil hold most the weight as well. i had plans to go to hinged doors after my bhp girl lifted glass out of the track the one time but decided against it just for the trouble to build the doors and i am not that skilled. :D

looking good but when i build my enclosures i find it best to edge the melamine first but thats just me but its still looking good ,cant wait to see the finished product
i did it last time but found i damaged it to much as the iron on stuff seems to be brittle
and thanks for all the inputs

Have you have the 4 BHPs to fill them!
Are you going to keep them in there, when the BHPs are fully grown?
My BHPs are around 9 ft long.
I keep mine in a converted 2.4meter long, 4 x door drink fridge.
Looks like yours will turn out good!

Jason

iv got the same set up BUT i made then into single enclousers and just stack them on top of each other

iv got the same set up BUT i made then into single enclousers and just stack them on top of each other
did the same for my 2 bay one but this is easier IMO.
Have you have the 4 BHPs to fill them!
Are you going to keep them in there, when the BHPs are fully grown?
My BHPs are around 9 ft long.
I keep mine in a converted 2.4meter long, 4 x door drink fridge.
Looks like yours will turn out good!
have 2 at moment and theory is that i wil need to more to fill said cage or it is a waist.. that is my plan to argue with the wife. otherwise some of my bredli wil go in it to they out grow them.
size wise i am going off what i have seen others keep adults in. my sub adult girl is in the same size cage now and is happy and healthy.

looks good any update photos?? what lucky animals are going to be residents in it?

will get some photos today. is coming along nice. pick up glass monday and if i get time i will get the peg board backing today. have all the glass track in and have started on the heating and lighting but i think i am going to have lighting outside the encloures after playing around with it in them.

That thing is a MONSTROSITY!!! Here a tip...
Put 6 small castor wheels on the bottom..
I did it with mine and it is sooo easy to move around and vacuum behind etc.

That thing is a MONSTROSITY!!! Here a tip...
Put 6 small castor wheels on the bottom..
I did it with mine and it is sooo easy to move around and vacuum behind etc.
thanks mate but i have already thought of that.
have done it all my enclosures
and thanks for the input ......Monstrosity ... do you know what a big word like that means;)

How are you going to heat it? I have made a similar set up and ive found by separating a portion with another vertical sheet of melamine( with suitably sized hole for entry)it not only stabilises the frame but is cheaper to heat. I have a 9m heat cord and a ceramic on a thermostat. The sectioned area is the only heated area, the snakes go in and out of this as they like,Its a lot cheaper to run than heating the whole tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back