Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyscott

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
On the 25th of November last year my Frillie female layed a big clutch of 16 eggs.
As it was her 1st clutch I was only expecting half that.
Then of the 26th of December (boxing day) she layed another clutch of 14 eggs.
I was wrapped with this.
Well since then Ive been pumping the food into her to get her condition back up.
Now today on Australia Day she has just popped out another clutch of 14 eggs.

Has anyone else had a lizard tripple clutch?

Had a female central beardy drop 6 clutches on one season and too my surprise 14-18 in a clutch

My female Bearded had a triple, the 1st on the 1-12-09 (6 eggs) , then 23-12-09 (8 eggs) and the the 18-1-10 (7 eggs).

Un-intentionally. Didnt know they held sperm.

A few years ago my EWD had three clutches. She had a habit of laying in her water bowl though, so I lost the first two clutches, but I saved the third and incubated them and had lots of little hatchys running around.

Thats ma boys sex appeal for you ;)
He's just that good she wanted to retain it & re-use it
for as long as possible ;)

If everything goes to plan & they all hatch out,
they're going to be damn sexy looking frill necks! :p

It is common for the female frillies to tripple clutch. Some even go as many as 4 or 5 times a season. You did the right thing by giving her good feeds. This has triggered a good seasoninher mind and she has gone into reproductive mode.

I hope you are not incubating the eggs to hot, or all you will get are males

I have a friend who's central netted had 4 clutches in one season. Don't forget to post pics when the first lot of babies hatch!!!:D

I have a friend who's central netted had 4 clutches in one season. Don't forget to post pics when the first lot of babies hatch!!!:D

Just some stats.

1st clutch 16 eggs - 14 fertile and 2 slugs
2nd clutch 14 eggs - 10 fertile and 4 slugs
3rd clutch 14 eggs - 9 look realy good, with the other 5 not sure.

Frilly eggs develop slower than most, it takes around 12 to 15 days before anything can been seen candeling the eggs.

The male was in with the female for 6 weeks with many daily matings.
He was removed 2 weeks before the 1st clutch was layed.
The 2nd and 3rd clutch (3rd if fertile) were fertilized with retained sperm.

The eggs are incubated at 30.5 degrees,
at those temps incubation time is around 75 to 80 days.(Im using the lower temps hoping for more females).
The 1st clutch should be due between the 8th and 13th of Feb.

As Ive said before, its this girls 1st time, so Im blown away by her efforts.
Thanks for all your comments.
List for 1st clutch is full, now happy to take names for 2nd clutch.

They will be $350 for unsexed hatchlings.
If not all are sold and we still have them here at a sexable size it will be $400 each for males and $500 females.
Cheers Andy.

Last edited:
my female beardy triple clutched this season. i missed the third as she only laid two last season, she also didn't show signs of being gravid. she ate a pinky mouse the day before she laid.

Well sadly the 3rd clutch is looking un-fertile.

There are still a few spots on the list for the 2nd clutch, that clutch is looking great.

Cheers Andy.

another friend's female frilly is gravid with her second clutch!! Hopefully once she lays these, she'll go on to her third! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back