Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to say thanks to everyone for their support and comments.....It certainly is an exciting time with some great projects coming through. The good news is this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as colours and patterns are concerned with our Morelia(just look at some of the pics posted by carpetpythons.com).

Nick M and other members are entitled to their opinions, but at the end of the day the pro/con debate is going to rage for ever and nobody is ever going to win it.... I really dont want this thread to turn into another mud slinging match, that has happened all too often lately. Why not just enjoy them for what they are, stunning looking Morelia......

Once again thanks for the comments........

Last edited:
Nick M and other members are entitled to their opinions, but at the end of the day the pro/con debate is going to rage for ever and nobody is ever going to win it.... I really dont want this thread to turn into another mud slinging match, that has happened all too often lately. Why not just enjoy them for what they are, stunning looking Morelia

well said barramundi..

i with you Ben.. well said, thanks Colin 'annoyed' is the word i was looking for..lol..

top looking animal code red could u tell me what the caramels are worth as i havent seen to many for sale

cheers ben moses

As far as CARAMELs available this season, I believe probably only Southern x and myself will have any available.

I Was looking through my CARAMEL holdbacks this morning and just cant get over how much they have changed.

The CARAMEL RPMs as new hatchies had a really red pattern and pale almost white/grey/cream background with 1 or 2 black spots or no black at all. They just about looked like SUPER CARAMELS.....

Now one of them has lost the red look and looks very yellow/orange with a cream/white background and 50 or so sporadic black scales like your typical CARAMEL RPM/JAG.

Another that was the typical red colouration as a new hatchie now has a cream backround with just an orange pattern with just 2 scales of black on the whole snake.

The 3rd CARAMEL RPM was/is basically the same but with about 15 black scales.

The CARAMELS posted by Colin and Code Red are typical of normal (non RPM/JAG) CARAMELs. My sibs maintained the overall orange look for about 6 months and have slowly become a clean orange/brown but with the noticeable CARAMEL look to the edge of the pattern, neck and head area.

These CARAMELs really are an exciting prospect, this gene is very strong and has awesome potential to be combined with other traits and produce new colourations and morphs.......

I will get some comparison pics up soon.......

Yeah their pretty hot little snakes.

I get my Mrs to come in to the herp room and have a look at them every 2 or 3 weeks, her reaction is always along the lines of how different and how much they stand out when she compares them with the other RPMs.

Top job Barra, can't help but feel envious of the snakes you are currently working with.

Must be getting very excited now with the Albino x RPM, as my albino is already showing signs of a pre-lay shed. Would love to hear if there are any further developments on her?

All the best for the season Barra...

Wayne

I havnt got onto it yet, will try today, but I need the mrs to help me resize and save them. I hate technology......

im the same mate dont worry.. we dont really care about your computer skills.. its the hot stuff your breeding were here to see.. keep doing what your doing mate...lol.

Just seen a pic of Paul Harris's super caramel jaguars on another forum.

Holy #$%^, i have a new favourite......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back