I feel like a terrible mother!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 6 months ago I put my little coastal into a 3ft enclosure, and she was small enough to squeeze through the gap between the glass doors. I'd checked on her when I came back from the hospital (my mother had a nasty asthma attack) and she was in her hide. I got up the next morning to find her gone, and I was pretty upset. She has the brightest colours out of all my snakes and is very placid. We have 2 cats in the house, so I was scared they had got her, but if they hadn't there were so many places she could hide in the house since she was so small, and I didn't think I'd see her again. My family and I turned the house upside down looking for her, but couldn't find her. A couple of hours I thought I'd try looking for her again, I decided to pull the couch out, you can't see underneath it. My mother and brother got behind it, pushed it forward and there she was. This couch is only a couple of meters from her enclosure, so it doesn't look like she went far. She was very cold, and I was very happy to see her. When I put her back in the tank I stuffed cardboard in the gap between the doors, and she's stayed safely in the tank ever since. It gives you a fright when they escape, that's for sure. Here's a pic of the sneaky little bugger:

Attachments

• Body shot 4.jpg
    Body shot 4.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 45
Haha yeah scares the hell outta ya.

Heres a pic of my little man..
He is just so gorgeous and placid and really could never be replaced...

IMG_3729.jpg

I think, every python I have has escaped at least once.
So don't even worry about it haha.

My Beardie escaped a couple of times. I was living in a share house in a garage converted to a bedroom. The enclosure was always open, full roam of the room except for the back of the fridge. In summer the door use to stick a bit a sometimes it wouldn't lock properly. It was in the afternoon and my house mate called me one time to tell me, he' was out and he was too scared to pick him up. He'd only venture as far as to be in the sun. I was so thankfull.

I left my dog tied up at the post office once.
I was quite excited about a parcel I had to pick up, and I thought I'd incorporate the dogs daily walk into the mission.
Burnt down to the post office (sorry boy no time to pee!). Tied him up on a pole that was past the entrance, got parcel achieved mission success and then plotted home trip. I got to the first curb I had to cross and paused (to make Bronson sit and wait), I then realised I was short one dog. Felt pretty bad, had lots of tug of war and treats that nite. :)

Last edited:
haha poor doggy.... when i was younger i took my dads big german short haired pointer for a walk.

we stopped at a curb and he pee'd on my leg....

I'm very happy you found him again, and so easily. Please forgive yourself! No harm done as long as you learn from it.

I woke up at 3am to find him in my bed underneath the blankets crawling up my leg..

I've always wondered if that's ever happened. Now I know.

i lost my diamond hatchie for 6 months once. and i found him out side in one of my pot plants getting some sun. a random chance of been in the right place at the right time.

Gee you should be totally ashamed of yourself...(just kidding) So many people loose there reptiles from leaving doors open,leaving a gap.Us as reptiles owners need to rectify the situation so it doesnt happen again.Double check doors etc..Hopefully this is a lesson learned...

there comes a time when this happens to us all !
over the years i have lost quite a few to many different issues !
i have about 3 on the loose at the moment
one coastal in the roof in the flat section so wont come out but a neighbour sees him going after the pigeons every now and again !
one goldern crown lost in my bedroom ( this was a rescue and was to be released the next morning )
and the misses lost hers little girl a jungle the other week and is still upset at it being missing

to stop any more we built reps rooms but the litte jungle was kept outside of these rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back