Cold winter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only real question is; how much?

They're asking 700K but it has been on the market since Christmas, so I think it would sell for considerably less. This is buyer's time up here.

beautiful snakes Michael your a very lucky man!!! and we hate you LOL just jokes... Looking forward to making a purchase of one of your amazing creatures soon i hope. also thank for all the information your so willing to share cheers dave

Am I the only one who is happy to see that it survived Yasi?

Surely that has to be a selling point, right?

WR how much damage did it get during the cyclone?

I am happy too. :) We had no damage at all apart from some debris blown in from elsewhere. We are pretty well sheltered here.

Jason, there is a house for sale two doors down from us. 1/2 acre block, fully renovated big house with a granny flat, pool and a creek running through (with Waterrats lol). We could look after each others reptiles while on holidays. Interested?

I was actually looking at that house the other day! Haha but it was a little out of my price range. If I had enough I'd buy that in a flash and look after your greens anytime haha

Oh yes, they react to climatic changes such as low atmospheric pressure, rain, sun shine and sometimes even to the smells coming off our BBQ (depends on what's cooking LOL). The cages are about 150x95x120 cm.

Good stuff! that would be awesome to watch the act like that.

And you guy's winge about it being cold. Those chondros would be green icy-poles left overnight outside down here in Southern Mexico. Went camping over the long weekend and had snow all around us.

Mind you, my little darwin was nice and snug at 32oC back home. Who's the smart one:rolleyes:

Jason, there is a house for sale two doors down from us. 1/2 acre block, fully renovated big house with a granny flat, pool and a creek running through (with Waterrats lol). We could look after each others reptiles while on holidays. Interested?

I am! Hahaha I wish I could live there... even a creek! Very nice herps up there too.

I'd love to be able to keep GTP's in my garden. Actually I'd love to just keep a GTP.

And you guy's winge about it being cold. Those chondros would be green icy-poles left overnight outside down here in Southern Mexico. Went camping over the long weekend and had snow all around us.

Mind you, my little darwin was nice and snug at 32oC back home. Who's the smart one:rolleyes:

your little darwin would be freezing if he was in darwin now, tis very cold here tonight

your little darwin would be freezing if he was in darwin now, tis very cold here tonight

Too true. Our little Darwin launched out of her enclosure and dove into my wife's cleavage and wouldn't come out. The bhp is curled up under his towel which has mysteriously moved into the only spot that gets morning sun.

I dont think I've seen so many ponchos and ugg boots since the 70's (that's how often we need warm clothes up here!

There is simply nothing better than out door reptiles.... I keep all of my Blueys outdoors & goannas & they thrive & breed every year. No power cords, timers, thermostats etc just well thought out, well positioned dry environments & quality results will definetely follow.

Nice Michael.

Ugg boots in Darwin ...............What's happening - have the global warming lobby been smoking too much weed and we're moving into another ice age.......:rolleyes:

I'm talking COLD guys, not he frosting on your beers just out of the fridge kinda cold, but Brass Monkeys with high pitched voices.:shock:

At the moment it's a nice comfy 1oC outside.:(

And Steve - you don't need to probe your snake to tell what sex he is........Good down to earth Aussie bloke:p

I know this is off topic, but that location is amazing Michael. How many wild reptiles do you get up there? I'd be guessing a few scrubbies.

We get a few scrubbies, the odd carpet, brown and green tree snakes, the usual run of the mill but not in large numbers.
Another cold morning today, jumper, slippers, ... have to invest in a thermal underwear. lol.

Min. temp. at Iron Range this morning: 15.7 degrees.

Last edited:
We get a few scrubbies, the odd carpet, brown and green tree snakes, the usual run of the mill but not in large numbers.
Another cold morning today, jumper, slippers, ... have to invest in a thermal underwear. lol.

Min. temp. at Iron Range this morning: 15.7 degrees.

13.1 degrees in Lockhart... That makes me sad as I'll be there next week. Hope to hit a warm spell, maybe if we're real lucky, a little bit of rain!
I'm remaining optomistic, 3 weeks effort if needed should produce something! I know it's the worst time to look for them though....

Over the last week of June and 1st week of July last year they had a bit of rain with min. temps at around 23-24 degrees, I'm never that lucky though!

Michael have you ever checked the temps of the snakes on a winters day and compared it to the ambient temps?
Just wondering if they can heat up to a higher temp being green?

They're asking 700K but it has been on the market since Christmas, so I think it would sell for considerably less. This is buyer's time up here.
It seems like the house market up there follows the chondro market. A few years ago 700K was only a couple of clutches of chodros. Now.... well no wonder they're having trouble selling!

Hey Michael,
I have an idea, we could go halves in the price of the house, then we could move there & look after your animals when you are on holidays. I will even supply the wine & BBQs.

Cheers
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back