What a relief

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I got into work this morning and someone said "have you heard about the sheila missing out near Cobourg?" Turned out it was my missus (works at a fishing camp on a very remote island). I couldnt believe it.

She went for a walk at 1pm yesterday and didnt come back. I **** myself. 40o temperatures, crocs, king browns, you imagine the worst.

The cops headed out with helicopters and I arranged for some of the best aboriginal trackers out that way to head across to the Island (I work with them). I've been at home freaking out all morning but they just found her, dehydrated but fine. What a relief.I just had the pleasure of talking to her.

I've let everyone know the good news and I've just pulled the top off a beer.

She will have a story to tell after 24 hours in the bush in that part of the world. She thought she was a goner and I know too well the heat up here can kill you in a few hours if you become disorientated, let alone the megafauna.

SO HAPPY SHE MADE IT!!!!

She had a camera with her so hopefully there'll be pics. Maybe with a bit of journalistic license she can do a book ha ha.

I cant describe the pain I felt not knowing what was happening to her. She did the right thing and stayed put once she realised she was bushed. Must have been listening to me after all!

Golly, I'm glad she was found. Would have been an awful 24 hours for the both of you.

Worst thing is she's found a way to get free helicopter rides!

Hugs and kisses first, then uppercut!
Had to LOL at that one.
Glad to hear she is fine and well. Make sure you tuck her in Bed tonight. ;)

Wow, glad to hear she's OK, I managed to get lost for about 5 hours once and that was scary enough(managed to find the back of someones bush property and walked up and found a house). It's amazing the things that go through your mind when you realise it's all gone badly.

Bear Grills eat **** and die. Hopefully Darlyn will tell you her own story. She was so close to cactus today but did what she had to and made it. A tourist would have expired a few hours in. Soooo impressed.

Hi guys. After nearly dying of dehydration today. I'm very happy to be alive. I had actually laid down to die in the shade
when the helicopter came overhead. They had been over a few times but hadn't seen me. I had lit a fire so they could follow the smoke. I took my pink knickers off and waved them on a stick after falling over 3 times trying to put wood on the fire. I was certainly a goner after drinking nothing but my own urine for 20 hours. Good to be alive : )
Hooray for the police rescue and the special ops blokes. I owe my life to them.

So glad you are ok! Thank god for pink nickers hey ;). Big hugs, go have a nice cold rum (maybe thats not the right advice after being dehydrated, but only thinking of your sanity. I bet you and steve will sleep well tonight. xxxx

There's a lesson to be learnt here ladies . . if you're ever going bush, wear bright colour undies.

I'm so glad you kept a cool head, we could have had a very different thread! Take it easy for a few days and let your body get over the shock give your man a hug, he obviously cares for you deeply

Leggage (well some footage in there)

DSC_0075.jpg
DSC_0076.jpg

Her lips are all swollen from green ant bites, she picked them off her legs and ate ****loads of them for the moisture they contain.

What a Gal!

Wow - WAY too close of a call. Good thing Darlyn is a smart woman with some bush skills. Now you had better buy her lots of colorful lingerie, Steve. After all, it is a life saver! Of course, she may prefer a tube of cortisone cream and some ice packs for those sore legs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back