What a relief

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because we have the world's biggest termites (Mastotermes) and no beached coconut goes uneaten.[/QUOTE]

Thats not a nice thing to say about Irish backpackers :)

The northern Oz coast is the only part of the tropics without coconuts. That's because we have the world's biggest termites (Mastotermes) and no beached coconut goes uneaten.

Thanks...did not know that...So their are no coconuts at all over the entire north Australian coast?

By the way if you don't mind me asking...Do you work on a fishing boat in Darwin or something? Your damn lucky to live and work in such an awesome place..

Thanks...did not know that...So their are no coconuts at all over the entire north Australian coast?

By the way if you don't mind me asking...Do you work on a fishing boat in Darwin or something? Your damn lucky to live and work in such an awesome place..

The mastotermes only extend to the east coast of the Gulf of Carpentaria, so upper and eastern Cape York has coconuts.

Darlyn is a cook at a charter fishing camp on an otherwise uninhabited island in SW Cobourg Peninsular and I coordinate training for 20+ Aboriginal Ranger groups across the Top End. We're both lucky to a degree but it's also a case of "dont ask, dont get"

And obviously there are hazards.

Lucky.

Next time she goes walking in the bush she should have a few sticks of bright coloured chalk handy in her pocket so she can leave markers on trees and rocks and find her way back or others can find her.

Lucky it's not November or December, this might not have had a happy ending.

Is she considering a job change now ?

Spot on Gordo. In a couple of months the rains will be here and she would have no trouble finding water. The "build up" is when we have max heat and humidity but little rain.

And Darlyn will be back at work next week, once her legs have healed up a bit more. She's a Territory gal!

Lucky.

Next time she goes walking in the bush she should have a few sticks of bright coloured chalk handy in her pocket so she can leave markers on trees and rocks and find her way back or others can find her.

Lucky it's not November or December, this might not have had a happy ending.

Is she considering a job change now ?

What next time?

Last edited:
Send a letter to the discovery channel and maybe she will get her own survival show :)

Send a letter to the discovery channel and maybe she will get her own survival show :)

Hmm, I was thinking send a letter to the company that made the undies...might get a life time supply ;

Great to hear you are safe and recovering.

Ha ha Wally, got a radio interview tomorrow in Brisbane.
Word get's round, I think it's the knicker factor : )

Good idea Jen, what a shame I buy cheap Target ones, ha ha

I'm sure your tenacious will to survive played it's part. Helluva way to become a star. Hope you're on the mend.

Thanks Wally, all good. Legs are scabbing up beautifully, lips are on their 10th
peel. I'm looking very attractive at the moment: ) Very minor stuff. I'm very lucky.

now I know why my new survival guide lists fluro pink undies as a necessary item :lol::lol:
now maybe Bear Grills will start wearing pink ladies undies, :) :) lol
glad your ok though :)

now I know why my new survival guide lists fluro pink undies as a necessary item :lol::lol:
now maybe Bear Grills will start wearing pink ladies undies, :) :) lol
glad your ok though :)

far as I can tell he always has.....

Hey Darlyn, you've made the press down here in Vic.

Ha ha hilarious did a radio interview in New Zealand today, they were under the impression crocs would stalk me through the mangroves and come and eat me and that snakes line up to bite people. They thought I was very brave, LMFAO

Wow just read it...Steve and Darlyn you are lucky..great to hear you are ok....a freind of mine was out hunting and got knocked out cold by a falling tree branch. Woke up in the dark....said it was very scary as he had no idea what happened. Boy oh boy
Keep safe,
Rob

Wow, what an amazing story and ending.
Musta been so scary, hope your all better soon :)

Wow just read it...Steve and Darlyn you are lucky..great to hear you are ok....a freind of mine was out hunting and got knocked out cold by a falling tree branch. Woke up in the dark....said it was very scary as he had no idea what happened. Boy oh boy
Keep safe,
Rob

Cheers mate, good to see you're back.

This whole thing was staged to get you back in the picture!

We've been comparing suffering, her physical decline to my mental anguish. Tuesday until she was found was the worst day in my life. And I've had a few.

Then it was bliss.

Staged to get me back....hahahahah...worked though! All jokes aside....I've been involved in a few searches up here that have no always had the result you guys have had.

Staged to get me back....hahahahah...worked though! All jokes aside....I've been involved in a few searches up here that have no always had the result you guys have had.

I know it. She was 15 to 30 minutes from the big goodbye. She knows it too. So we'll have to enjoy life even more than we already do, doesn't seem possible!

We'll give it a go though. Crabbing and fishing the Neaps this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back