Just got back from scales and Tails expo with my first snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damo77

Reaction score
Just thought i would say hi.
My wife and I bought our first snake today at the scales and tails expo @ Ipswich. We got a blonde spotted that is about 18 months old and around 45cm long. Bumped into one of my students mums there and she happenned to have a small vivarium for sale as her coastal has out grown it. Dropped over to her house this arvo, picked it up, bought it home and cleaned it out with some cage wizard she had spare.
Now my wife is sitting in the darkened lounge room watching the snake explore its enclosure.
All in all a pretty successful day. We callled it "Mithindie" which is I am told an indigenous name for a small spotted harmless snake.
ANyway expect to see me around as i have a heap to learn.
Cheers
Damian

welcome to the site and congrats on your new pet! :)
i wish i could have gone to the expo but i was working! did you enjoy it?

this site is great i hope you learn from it and enjoy it as much as i do!

and post a pic up of your new snake :)

Hey congrats mate on the purchase I went today but didn't buy anything as I have a GTP coming just before Christmas Woo. Did you see the ERD teams show it was really interesting and was made better when some young fella got tagged by their woma whilst waving his finger in front of its mouth:lol::lol: lol he was crapping :p

Hahaha tagged by the woma? Hehehe

Congrats on your first snake! Please post pics! Glad your wife is just as enthusiastic as you....... Hopefully that means lots more reptiles!!

Me too!!! & I'm terrified of getting it wrong but so far so good. My kids pulled up chairs and sat there for hours watching her explore her new home. Good luck Damian - I know how much fun this is :)

Hey congrats mate on the purchase I went today but didn't buy anything as I have a GTP coming just before Christmas Woo. Did you see the ERD teams show it was really interesting and was made better when some young fella got tagged by their woma whilst waving his finger in front of its mouth:lol::lol: lol he was crapping :p

He took it like a man actually, I was quite impressed that he diddnt react how some would and freak out. Just stood there and waited for it to be removed from him, only made an "ahrrg" sound when it begain squeezing him. ;)

Congrats on your first snake BTW

congrats on your first snake and what a great snake to start with... Look forward to seeing pics... Also doesn ne one have pics of woma attack :p

Hi, got my first snake back in May - a blonde spotted python, female I was told. Can anyone comment on how long they're supposed to be at 11months. Mine was ~38cm when I bought her, she was then 5 months old but she is now 73cms long at 11months. She appears to be very healthy and feeds on 2 pinkie rats every 7 - 10 days. Attached pic was taken last month.

Attachments

• DSC_2535c.JPG
    DSC_2535c.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back