bulb colour

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr0nick

Reaction score
hey all I brought a lamp to heat my gtp and the bulbs I got arnt coloured for night is there a simple way to produce a red light thanks

hey yeh mate the socket is E14 and i couldnt find red bulbs with that fitting , I am thinking some reb or blue celephane taped to the lamp dodgy.but hope it wotks:)

You seem to have a strange need to have a redlight,hmm.....thought cellophane wouldn't be good around heat

Make sure the fitting u have now supports te wattage and that the bulb does produce enough heat. Lots of people use regular bulbs but the ones that produce little or no heat. Otherwise just save urself the hassle of adapting the bulb and get a screw fitted lamp, you can buy them at pet stores cheap. Then you can use a rainbow of bulbs

HEy all I bought A cheap lamp with a plastic E14 socket but A metal dome and it says max 40watt. So I brought some mirabella 30W E14 bulbs that fit perfect in the lamp and produce the perfect amount of heat to help my GTP container say at a decent temp, So that problem is fixed, the only thing is these bulbs are A normal colour so I can't run them at night, I am about to try a google search for E14 red bulbs. Thanks for the help as well

i say dont be such cheap ---- and go buy a ceramic light socket , then use a ceramic heat emitter for heating . and buy some red LED`s [ strip form from like ebay] and use them for night veiwing .
like u have spent good $$$ for a gtp , why cheapout on the heating ?

Last edited:
Hey I havent cheaped out at all I am using a 50watt heat cord to heat the bottom half of it's container and I am only using the smaller wattage lamp to heat the air in his hatchie tub which I will be moving him from soon. I did not want to use ceramic heat emitters with this tub as it is tiny and I don't want it to melt or for my GTP to cook. And I have ceramic sockets here but I was worried about the watts being to excess so before you decide to have A go check some of my other threads as I am not A idiot in the husbandry of reptiles. But oh well what ever I may have sorted out some smaller watt red bulbs.

Cellophane sounds like a great way to start a fire, even with 30W. What you do is paint the globes. Go to a paint store or a decent sized hardware and explain what you want the paint for and buy the smallest tin availble. I have painted light globes before but it is so long ago I cannot rember any details.

Blue

hey fair enough Fucus I live on the sunny coast as well so I think I will move him into A insulated enclosure before winter time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back