Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake182

Reaction score
Tell us your story how you got your reptile
well about 15 weeks ago i went to ballina NSW
and one of my mates had to go to his cousins place and there was a fish tanks so I went over there and looked in and asked if i could pick the python up it was a spotted year's old and smaller then my yearling children python?
so i was about to pick it up and they said watch out he like to bite
and it hurts 0_o
so i picked it up and said cool how old "3 years"
and ever since then i wanted on so
last night after a 15 weeks i got 2
Elcho island children python
so next on my list is 2 T+ caramel children's python
so share your story

Cool story. Mine's fairly similar.
I was going to somebody's house to buy a wheelbarrow and some used bar stools and noticed they had a 2yr old snake out on the back table outside. It was a Children's python male. I asked to see it - I still don't know why as I was terrified of them at that point - and they offered to let me hold it. Well I did and I instantly fell in love with it for some reason. It was super duper placid as well! Then they told me it was being given away and I was ready to take it on the spot but told the couple I'd think about it overnight. By the time I called the next day it had gone to someone else and I was absolutely heartbroken. They'd needed it gone as they were moving onto a boat. So if you're on here and you took that snake... rawr! :evil:
So anyway I was so shattered at missing that one that I just had to buy a hatchy. And now I have a 16mth old and a 4mth old that I absolutely adore.

I'm also after a pair of Elcho Islands at some point, and the T+ are also on the list for a year or two down the track. :)

I held a BHP that would have been a year or two old at the Best Friends pet store on a VIP night they had. A bit later a couple brought two large carpet pythons in, and I held one of them for a while and thought it was an amazing animal. A couple of months later I bought an adult spotted python.

Cool story. Mine's fairly similar.
I was going to somebody's house to buy a wheelbarrow and some used bar stools and noticed they had a 2yr old snake out on the back table outside. It was a Children's python male. I asked to see it - I still don't know why as I was terrified of them at that point - and they offered to let me hold it. Well I did and I instantly fell in love with it for some reason. It was super duper placid as well! Then they told me it was being given away and I was ready to take it on the spot but told the couple I'd think about it overnight. By the time I called the next day it had gone to someone else and I was absolutely heartbroken. They'd needed it gone as they were moving onto a boat. So if you're on here and you took that snake... rawr! :evil:
So anyway I was so shattered at missing that one that I just had to buy a hatchy. And now I have a 16mth old and a 4mth old that I absolutely adore.

I'm also after a pair of Elcho Islands at some point, and the T+ are also on the list for a year or two down the track. :)

im going to try and find a T+ late this year

I saw an advertisement for the most beautiful diamond python I've ever seen on here and immediately contacted the owner asking her if I could purchase him right away, she said people were coming down to look at him the next day and I wouldn't have been able to make that, so I let him go.
Then I saw the advertisement again, saying no one had pulled through, so I asked her to hold him for me and I picked him up the next day. destiny! haha

My hubby and I were driving past a reptile shop and I randomly said lets get a turtle. Little did I know that comment would change my life forever. We went in and got the paper work to apply for the license. 3 days later we got a call saying we could come in and pick up our turtle the next morning. Whilst picking up the turtle I asked the reptile guy what sort of snakes I could get on my license just out of curiosity. He then showed me a gorgeous Stimson hatchling and when I held him for the first time I just fell in love, I went back that arvo and bought him :) Ps was the first time that I'd ever held a snake aswell lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a turtle for christmas when I was 7 in 1972. Of course, back then it was a tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back