Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the difference is in the eyes is it??

If I breed my high yellow coastal, with another coastal, and they turn out some high yellows, and some normal coloured coastals, then bred the high yellow babies together, and get more high yellows...
should I call them
Athertonhighyellowsistic Coastals and up the price??

It is not about the price for a lot of us it is what we can do with it down the track if it is inheritable. This is a hobby for me not a business, I work with japanese swords and they are financially worth a lot more than some funky colored snakes.

hoping to get this meleninistic coastal up and breeding this season

Looks a good weight, what have you got lined up for it?

That high yellow jungle is one of the best I've ever seen
Another 100 years I might have some more of these....

Blue-ish Pure Jungles and High yellow Jungles.....

fff-1.jpg

yellows.jpg

Hi Paul
Congrats on producing these stunning looking jungles , you put in the time and effort to breed and then to raise all the offspring . Now you can selective the best ones to further fine-tune or prove these colour traits .
Good luck
Roger

Hi Paul
Congrats on producing these stunning looking jungles , you put in the time and effort to breed and then to raise all the offspring . Now you can selective the best ones to further fine-tune or prove these colour traits .
Good luck
Roger

Thanks Mr Bushy eye brows ;)

Not really a new morph but I hope the start of a mostly full yellow Pure Jungle:

402a1dda.jpg

Also pure "Athertons" with a greenish hue ( baby on the Left , both are from the same clutch )

39f54336.jpg

Genetic stripe Green athertons:

79c64e86.jpg

Adult "green" Atherton:

0a425bb6.jpg

And another 40 other cool pure Jungle "morphs" I am working on , blarr blarr blarr Like this one:

9bfe5125.jpg

I'd like to see something other than my boring snakes.... Some one post something!

I'll be looking at yours when i get home, they sound pretty cool... green jungles....
I cant see at work.

Green as in muddy looking black and white julattens even though they are not related to any black and whites I breed, But I like them , and I'm not breeding them to sell.

I'd like to see something other than my boring snakes.... Some one post something!

Allright so not exactly a new morph (or is it;)) I started a thread with pics of this girls before but anyway - Some new pics of my striped MD.

Attachments

• IMG_9708.JPG
    IMG_9708.JPG
    473.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_9712.JPG
    IMG_9712.JPG
    492.4 KB · Views: 215
I love that MD, my friend has an MD with a red back color likethat.
3aa3afb2-b6c7-2bea.jpg
This is one of my jungles

I also love that striped jungle.

Please remember:
General Rule 5 - No flooding of the forums. Posts must be meaningful and not waste the time of other site users.

General Rule 6 - Posts must remain on the topic of the thread.

Please remember:

What about badgering ?

Seems someone on here (you guess who) can not leave me alone. . . . maybe you need to remove his posts as well! As I rarely see anything constructive or meaningful come from him other than second guessing anything I say or repeating comments from others.
It's gotta go both ways Collin.

What about badgering ?

Seems someone on here (you guess who) can not leave me alone. . . . maybe you need to remove his posts as well! As I rarely see anything constructive or meaningful come from him other than second guessing anything I say or repeating comments from others.
It's gotta go both ways Collin.

Ive deleted most of those posts Kam or havent you noticed?

It's Colin with one L by the way :D

Kam please enlighten us as to what genetic health problems albino darwins have as you and your 'serious collectors' seem to be the only ones that know about it.... I won't hold my breath because you love making up info that has no fact behind it. The real info on the matter of line breeding doesnt cause health problems and any defaults are there from the start and line breeding in reptiles is not like mammals but you would know this if you had any idea full stop

Firstly just a quick quote from Massassauga

"Genetic diversity is maximized by having unrelated parents. It can keep a population strong and free of recessive defects (mutations). A potential problem with low genetic diversity can be “inbreeding depression.” This “inbreeding depression” can cause weakened immune systems and, possibly, genetic defects."

And while it might upset those with financially vested interests. . . the overall genetic diversity of our hobby is just as important as pretty snakes.

Now short of having this post deleted. . most likely will.
Citrus find someone else to annoy, I am still yet to see the pics you promised even as recently as last nights PM.-

citrus said:
I can't put photos up as I'm at work but will when I get home.... The only male hyper Darwin in australia

As mentioned on the sunshine coast group thread add to the positive discussions and if you have something - show it, claims of projects and superior knowledge isnt enough to justify badgering me

It's Colin with one L by the way :D

sorry my bad

Last edited:
I work away from home but will be putting up photos of a hyper/rp Darwin project

Thanks Colin.

I know this question has probly been answered, but I was under the impression it was illegal to knowingly cross breed species?. Has this rule been changed? Or are so many people doing it now that they can't control it.

I would love to see some more melanistic snakes if anyone has any :). I would share photo's but I don't have any special morphs or jags etc, just the jungles with stripes. :)

I know this question has probly been answered, but I was under the impression it was illegal to knowingly cross breed species?. Has this rule been changed? Or are so many people doing it now that they can't control it.

It has never been the case in NSW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back