ID the parrot?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_mosher

Reaction score
Any bird lovers out there? I'm currently babysitting this old guy but I can never remember the species of any bird, I'm useless when it comes to the feathered type.
y9y4a9u5.jpg

That sounds like the name I had heard! Thankyou! It bugs me so much that I never remember bird species...

My grandmother had a parrot like that! his name was Chillie, she loved him to bits, and was with her for years...But he died recently :(

that alexandrine parrot looks a lot like an indian ringneck parrot are they relatives?

^ Not to sure if they are related but they can look almost identicle however the Alex is a lot bigger bird.
This male is beautiful tho! Just watch his bite if his not friendly...they can pack a punch!

Well he tries to warn me off by bluffing a bite, but he's friendly other than that because he knows I'm visiting to give him more food and water. He's actually going to outlive my neighbor haha! I remember him saying he paid quite an extensive amount and I THOUGHT he mentioned it being from overseas, but that was a few years ago so I've mixed that information up with something else. Beautiful bird though, if they weren't so messy I'd consider getting one just to look at :)

100% Alexandrine, yes ringnecks are very simular and i have heard and seen for sale alexandrine cross ring neck. alexandrines are bigger plus ring necks don't have pink on the back of the neck.

absolutly beautiful bird.

- - - Updated - - -

they cost about 300 - 450 and there are heaps of breeders in australia, there easy to get

wow alexandrine cross ringneck would be cool to see a blue one, i used to have a sun conure that ate fresh chillies!

100% Alexandrine, yes ringnecks are very simular and i have heard and seen for sale alexandrine cross ring neck. alexandrines are bigger plus ring necks don't have pink on the back of the neck.

absolutly beautiful bird.

- - - Updated - - -

they cost about 300 - 450 and there are heaps of breeders in australia, there easy to get

Yeh from memory I think he paid a lot more than that and took a while to get him. But like I said I'm probably wrong, I'll definitely as him when he gets back :)

And my dad has a eastern rosella here that was bred to have different colors, love this bird! :)
je6y5uhy.jpg
, apologies for the really bad photo quality, his colors aren't as block as normal rosellas, they're mixed in together to have more of a rainbow effect, and his colors seem brighter than usual too.

I think I'd rather just buy a rainbow lorikeet if I wanted to see the rainbow on my bird :) Nice birds, and I wouldn't worry about the "warning off". Respect the bird and he'll respect you ^^

Scratches by Ashlee Yarnold, on Flickr

I've seen hand raised Alex's go for $250 now. They have dropped in price the last year. Personally I would prefer a male Ekkie (well did own a male and female but had to sell due to work commitments and they hated my wife...they were the devil spawn with her). They are smarter, less destructive, can get them for $500-$800 now days and are amazing companions! I will get another one day.

I want a blue and gold Macaw!!!!!!!! that is all :p

My friends that own heaps of parrots went to buy a bird off this disabled guy in Gladstone, that apparently has a breeding pair of macaw (not sure what type though), an this guy apparently had about $60,000 worth of well looked after birds. Pretty incredible really.

My friends that own heaps of parrots went to buy a bird off this disabled guy in Gladstone, that apparently has a breeding pair of macaw (not sure what type though), an this guy apparently had about $60,000 worth of well looked after birds. Pretty incredible really.

yeah they sell for around 5000 each lol

- - - Updated - - -

my male indian ringneck is worth over 600$ as he is a violet one and my pastel blue clear tail hen is worth like 400$ cant wait for their babies :)

- - - Updated - - -

dView attachment 266213thats my boy sookey :p

- - - Updated - - -

dView attachment 266213thats my boy sookey :p

I have two Alexandrian cross ringneck babies. They are only just feathered but they are mostly green with blue and yellow tails and orangey wings where the red should be. Can't wait to see what they look like in a few more weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back