ID the parrot?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two Alexandrian cross ringneck babies. They are only just feathered but they are mostly green with blue and yellow tails and orangey wings where the red should be. Can't wait to see what they look like in a few more weeks!

why cross 2 different breeds of birds ????? just for colour mutations :/ i think its wrong

I didn't breed them. Let's not get into the cross breed argument... It's so long... And there are so many points of view. No matter how they came to be they are here now and I have got them. They are beautiful little characters and I love them to bits!!

electus's are the best, i had 2 but my female named ekki recently died. she could talk really well but hated my partner. my male is more quiet but does talk. they got great personallited, don't make much mess and are great affectionate birds.

I didn't breed them. Let's not get into the cross breed argument... It's so long... And there are so many points of view. No matter how they came to be they are here now and I have got them. They are beautiful little characters and I love them to bits!!

I love this... "Let's not get into the cross breed arguement."

This is APS. Of course it's going to happen now that you've brought it up.

dunno what the big deal is everything is pretty much cross breed these days. dogs, cats, cows, chickens, birds, reptiles and even humans lol

Same as every industry. There are people who don't believe in cross breeding. I personally have no problem with it, but I do think there is a line you shouldn't cross.... e.g.- sausage dog cross rotti, or bredli cross GTP.. Its very much an individuals preference which is why it is so hotly debated. To be honest I am pretty sure, (Not 100% but I have done quite a bit of research into it since I got them) and I think they have actually cross bred with ring necks then crossed back several times to create the lutino Alexandrian, and now there is a blue variety beginning to be developed. They are extremely closely related breeds of birds.. I actually didn't even think about the whole 'cross bred' argument that would come from my post (Which I should have) I just wanted to talk about my babies. I have put a lot of time and effort into raising them and I love them to bits. Although I will admit I am curious to see what colour they'll end up. I personally have never seen a bird like them before.

i have seen ring neck cross alex's and their beautiful. don't worry about what anyone says. i agree there is a line drawn wen it come to species that are too different but wen their smimular its ok.

I also love when people get offended at something that wasn't meant to be offensive :rolleyes:

I forgot how precious everyone here was.

It's not about being 'precious' if you didn't want to be offensive you COULD have stated that it wasn't intended to be offensive. Instead you make another half comment that is obviously directed at me without actually addressing me. Sorry but thats not me being precious it is you being rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back