Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? May I ask what your fascination is with the Non Blackheads? Just out of curiosity.

Its a line bred morph and are very rare. Each to their own, but when you spend as much time and effort into "line" breeding an animal for traits like that, like den and his bro, its an achievement recognized not only here in Oz many years ago, but now internationally as well... does that say something?.. Well done Den, i always wanted one of those BHP's with the donuts..;) lol hope the family are well, all the best from sunny thailand. Hope all my APS Buds are doing well and have many cool critters for this season, cznt wait to see!

That diamond jag and Murray jag.....WOW. Beautiful stripped bhp aswell

Its a line bred morph and are very rare. Each to their own, but when you spend as much time and effort into "line" breeding an animal for traits like that, like den and his bro, its an achievement recognized not only here in Oz many years ago, but now internationally as well... does that say something?.. Well done Den, i always wanted one of those BHP's with the donuts..;) lol hope the family are well, all the best from sunny thailand. Hope all my APS Buds are doing well and have many cool critters for this season, cznt wait to see!

I understand that, but why not just have a Woma?
I dont know, I just think Black heads should stay "Black headed Pythons". As you said, each to their own.
I have always wanted a BHP from Den, don't get me wrong, that Axanthic is awesome and I like the White BHP girl. I also love the occelate but unfortunatly they do not have Black heads. The High Red/Yellow BHP's are really awesome, I am hoping to get a few of those from Den as well.
Just saying that it is a shame that the BHP will lose their signature BH.
Just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I love the dorsal stripe BHP's, nice looking snakes :)

I personally like them because the ones with virtually no black look like a gigantic Woma. I actually don't like their heads the "normal" colour. I guess it's just each to their own...

Really? May I ask what your fascination is with the Non Blackheads? Just out of curiosity.

The lighter head is what I love about my woma pythons so having a blackheaded python with a lighter head would be great ! , and what's better is its 100% blackheaded python not crossed with a woma to get the lighter head

It's great that Brian did a show over in here in Australia but should'nt the credit go to Troy and Denver who have busted rse for years to produce those critters you are ohh and ahhing about.

well done Troy and Denver

cheers
Scott

I hope we can see a solid release of bumblee bee bhp's in the near future with all the other lines they've got cooking...

I only like the normal BHP. I think the ones that have change patten and colour look too much like a woma python. Why would I want something that looks like a woma when I can just buy a woma don't get me wrong I think the albino was pretty cool.

I only like the normal BHP. I think the ones that have change patten and colour look too much like a woma python. Why would I want something that looks like a woma when I can just buy a woma don't get me wrong I think the albino was pretty cool.

+1

I guess that too the two people above, I dont like Woma's because they dont have the black head plus they have this weird eye shadow thing going on (yes I know why it's there because of the glare of the sun).
I just don't like non black heads and they were called a Black Headed Python for a reason, not to stuff around with them.

- - - Updated - - -

I just love my snake, I love her black head.
I am also not really liking this line breeding, it is actually in breeding.
I can understand maybe one to two degenerations but problems start occurring after a while.
Just my honest opinion

Q: "If you could keep any Australian snake, what would it be?"

A: A pure one.

I agree with you to I would rather have a pure bred snake then one of those line/in bred snakes.:)

Three things that got me in that...
1) The way he refered to Darin pythons as "Darwin's" python as if they are named after Charles Darwin or something.

2) I loved how the Diamond and Jungle he got out had such attitude.

3) The SIZE of that last BHP! Wow!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Those BHP were really big. Maybe has something to do with the line/in breeding or maybe they are just well fed either way good on him for getting them that size can't say the same thing about the in/line breeding its self.:p

Must admit I don't know a lot about breeding and I don't know the first thing about this breeder but I hope he is adding genetic diversity into the program or else he may end up with a stunning looker but with all sorts of other internal issues. They certainly were VERY impressive BHP's.

I thought his comment about B&W Diamonds was interesting, made me double think my desire for a high yellow.

Me to ,but I haven't decided what snake I'm getting yet but if it is a diamond than I most likely get the white then the high yellow, Both colours are impressive either way you look at it. Can't wait to see what happens in the next few years as far captive breeding and what not goes I really can't tell at the moment there is just so much going on now.:D:lol::D:lol::D

Me to ,but I haven't decided what snake I'm getting yet but if it is a diamond than I most likely get the white then the high yellow, Both colours are impressive either way you look at it. Can't wait to see what happens in the next few years as far captive breeding and what not goes I really can't tell at the moment there is just so much going on now.:D:lol::D:lol::D

i wanted to get a black and white diamond aswell but could not find any at all everyone is selectively breeding for high yellow so dam much (found one with crazy cool patterns thoe so im happy)
also freaking love the bredli/jag and the bredli/diamond/jag i would love to find one thoe theyd probably be worth $1000000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back