Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 threrads in 2 days.....Keeping out of this 1 ......Mods will be on the prowl enforcing there new born Power.......Guys just make up the mods got enough on there plate than to read all this tittle tattle...Buck up or im sure u lot will be sent to the Naughty boy corner 2..........
bash.gif
bash.gif
bash.gif

whistling2.gif
whistling2.gif
whistling2.gif

.....................................................................................................
thumbup.gif

Quite a bit off-track too on a "reptiles in NSW shops" thread...

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite right Jamie, lets try keep things on topic guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no it hasnt been decided yet. besides the cabinet making the dission, i will know before most as i have a connection on the inside lol. (say it as an italian mafia guy hahahaha). i will post it when i know as i see the guy most days of the week. should be interesting. i doubt it will go through tho as it has been as discussion for years but never had any progress.

no it hasnt been decided yet. besides the cabinet making the dission, i will know before most as i have a connection on the inside lol. (say it as an italian mafia guy hahahaha). i will post it when i know as i see the guy most days of the week. should be interesting. i doubt it will go through tho as it has been as discussion for years but never had any progress.

Its been going to happen for years. I remember reading a draft about 12 years ago and responding on behalf of SMWS. Its never been canned, as you say, just never progressed. It will eventually happen... oneday

i noticed my locale petshop has started stocking large melamine reptile enclosures. so it might be going ahead. will have to wait and see,

I noticed a few changes to the pet shops around ehre too, they are getting more herp stuff in, this is interesting/exciting and highly nerve racking/worrying. I just hope they do a good job policing the regulations for herps.

No it hasnt happened yet but i was asked today if i was willing to go on tv to talk about the positives and negatives of the event of this happening. i think there should be a husbandry and handling course for new reptile owners if this is the case. not sure if ill do it or not as there are alot of opinions out there and i dont want to be branded for saying something some wont agree with.

Husbandry and handling courses for the staff in the pet shops more like it.

well as far as i know its already going to be a requirement that people working in the pet shops who will be given licenses will need to have done it and have an extensive knowledge on animals for sale

- - - Updated - - -

well as far as i know its already going to be a requirement that people working in the pet shops who will be given licenses will need to have done it and have an extensive knowledge on animals for sale

jacks-pythons,
Can I ask in what capacity were you asked to give an interview regarding sales of reptiles in pet shops?

Thanks.

Well I spoke to the owner of my local pet shop. She not only owns the business but is a part time qualified vet...so I do have a lot of respect for her ethics & the high conditions she maintains her animals.

Anyway I asked about the recent gossip of reptiles in NSW pet shops & she just rolled her eyes & said, "Is that rumour going around again?"

Last edited:
I spoke with "kellyville pets" the other week and asked if it had been approved yet?
I was told it got close, but it was rejected and it would be another 6 months or so before they might consider it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back