Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which state are you in as I'm assuming you would have needed some import documentation? At least there would be the sellers licence details to supply to the police or for you to check with the Queensland authorities.

Which state are you in as I'm assuming you would have needed some import documentation? At least there would be the sellers licence details to supply to the police or for you to check with the Queensland authorities.

Yep I got an import license and supplied his license details etc. but when u enter the other party's details it doesn't actually verify anything with a database so if he gave me a fake license the import license would still go through like nothing's wrong.

I contacted the Queensland licensing department to let them know what happened and they said they couldn't do anything over the phone and that I would have to write and email to them in order for them to check if the license was legit. No word back from them as of yet..

When we sell we prefer to use direct deposit, mainly because of the waiting period and the charges applied in Paypal, we like to get the snakes shipped off as soon as possible to the person buying. Having said that we're always completely open about everything - usually our sales are conducted via text or e-mail, with full details, even including weight and dimensions in case the buyer is iffy about freight charges so they can call AAE themselves with the info and get a quote. I'm always paranoid someone thinks I'm ripping them off even when I'm not, haha. Personally, even though I've seen the stories and heard of people getting away with it, I reckon it's way too easy to get caught to even think of pulling anything dodgy, not that I would - my conscience is way too big and naggy :p
I hope everything is resolved for you Greg, it's a shame there are people out there that desperate/depraved that they would pull scams like this. It may not be surprising, but it's still just as disappointing every time I see it.

The person in question is in coomera, anyone around there who might be able to offer some assistance to greggles, pm him ;)

Good luck with it Greg....

Haven't read every page of posts, but im like 10 mins from Coomera and most of the boys live up there anyway. Anything we can do to help give me a PM if it's not sorted already.. :)

Paypal fees are huge for sales.. if people request it i will sell this way but the $30.00 surcharge is passed on to the buyer as they are the one who would like piece of mind..

@ greggles, i sure hope you get the money or the tree snake, alternativly its good to see aps members banding together and offering help, Good on you Harvez.

Best of luck
JD,

Last edited:
Update

Queensland licensing contacted me. Address is not in his name and the license number he provided does not exist. :(

How did you go with police? Maybe you will get your money back now with this information. Good luck

Update

Queensland licensing contacted me. Address is not in his name and the license number he provided does not exist. :(

If that is the case perhaps the mods wont mind if you name and shame given he doesn't exist.At least it may stop others from being ripped off in the future.

If that is the case perhaps the mods wont mind if you name and shame given he doesn't exist.At least it may stop others from being ripped off in the future.

As you no doubt know it is not the mods who make the rules - We are just entrusted to enforce them. Nonetheless, I will be bringing this post up for discussion with the Moderation and Admin teams.

As you no doubt know it is not the mods who make the rules - We are just entrusted to enforce them. Nonetheless, I will be bringing this post up for discussion with the Moderation and Admin teams.

Hey every one,

We know we can't name and shame which is cool, but like I said earlier if u get in contact with me via PM ill be more than happy to share all my information I have gathered.

Don't be shy :p already had to tonnes of pm's

There is at least one other thread I am aware of that names a scam artist including two other aliases he has used in his scams... just in case that helps.

Agreed, name and shame a situation like this is more of a public service, not a slamming of a seller with a disagreement (disagreements are always personality clashes and should be kept private) I say RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

I'm sorry to hear this story, Greggles. Thank you for sharing it as a cautionary tale, despite feeling a little embarrassed about it. The person who ripped you off is the one who should be feeling embarrassed.

Given what has happened here, buyers might get some measure of protection by checking the licence number provided with authorities before handing over any cash.

UPDATE..

Hey every one,

So got a letter from the fraud department at the bank on friday and i had a bit of a laugh. It stated that since the recipient of my money did not give them permission to put it back into my account there was nothing they could do about it.... UMMMM obviously! if the the guy ripped me off and I'm reporting it as a scam obviously he not gonna give you permission to put the money back... it wasn't an accident he did it on purpose to steal my money..

anyway!! be careful every one! hope you enjoyed the expo today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back