Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fair enough rob, feel free to change it :p . Not as embarrassed about it now after everyone on here has been so supportive and understanding.

Sad to here that there are so many other people who have been affected by scams. :(

Btw any one know if something does arrive at AAE will they call me? I've called several times and they just say there's no evidence of anything been shipped and nothing's here. Sick of calling and being on hold for over an hour!

Btw any one know if something does arrive at AAE will they call me? I've called several times and they just say there's no evidence of anything been shipped and nothing's here. Sick of calling and being on hold for over an hour!
that really depends on the individuals working at that AAE office imo , some are crap and im sure we've all heard the bad stories but when my woma got sent up on an earlier flight than what was planned the AAE at coffs harbour called me to let me know he was there and ready to be picked up so there are good ones around still

I agree with the notion of it putting a damper on interstate buying. I purchased my GTP interstate via direct deposit and that was well over the thousand dollar mark. I guess I was very lucky! Had I have seen this thread prior to purchase, I probably would not have gone through with it! It's a scary world where people are dishonest and it just makes you so mad!

Now wonder rep sales have declined in the past years... Stuff like this just makes buyers steer clear from purchasing online or anything that's not a face to face transaction.
it makes it difficult if you want to buy from someone interstate for instance,if you can't trust anybody how do you build up a collection without travelling hundreds of kilometres to do a face to face deal?

I guess you could always put it on here before you purchase something, see if anyone in the sellers area could go take a look at it for you before you send the money and organise everything? I would be happy to check anyones prospective snake buys in my area on the sunshine coast, I am sure there are people like me in most areas of aussie?

Hi greg just had a word with chrissy very sad what people do these days , should of come over last night as i was having a late night up past 8 :)

Hi greg just had a word with chrissy very sad what people do these days , should of come over last night as i was having a late night up past 8 :)

Yeah it sucks.. No way I wanted to come but we thought if be sleeping!

I guess you could always put it on here before you purchase something, see if anyone in the sellers area could go take a look at it for you before you send the money and organise everything? I would be happy to check anyones prospective snake buys in my area on the sunshine coast, I am sure there are people like me in most areas of aussie?

Maybe we should make a thread/sticky about this. I would be more than happy to check sellers in my area for people.

Maybe we should make a thread/sticky about this. I would be more than happy to check sellers in my area for people.

I agree, I'd be more than happy to help herpers from the Sydney area. I work all over the place now so I'd be happy to go check out prospective animals, package them up and take them to the airport if need be!

Greg, have you contacted the fuzz yet? If you still havent heard anything yet from the seller, imo, it is more than just a scam, it prolly comes under far bigger and wider reaching crimes than a simple scam.... more like fraud, receiving money by desception etc.... I think the police will be your best bet.... especially that you have bank, phone, name and address details.... it should be an easy task for them to chase up. Also, if the guy has had an accident or illness preventing him from being contactable, the police can let you know that and you can deal with his minders (family etc) All is not lost, I am sure.... call the cops.... hang in there ;)

Greg, have you contacted the fuzz yet? If you still havent heard anything yet from the seller, imo, it is more than just a scam, it prolly comes under far bigger and wider reaching crimes than a simple scam.... more like fraud, receiving money by desception etc.... I think the police will be your best bet.... especially that you have bank, phone, name and address details.... it should be an easy task for them to chase up. Also, if the guy has had an accident or illness preventing him from being contactable, the police can let you know that and you can deal with his minders (family etc) All is not lost, I am sure.... call the cops.... hang in there ;)

Police and fair trading will be called tomorrow. I've been super busy trying to juggle work, and study and struggling ATM. But tomorrow after work and befor I start studying I shall call.

Greg I agree with captionRatbag! Call the police and I would do it tonight at lest ring them as if there was a small hope that the guy still has the snake then they maybe able to step in. They work nights and more chance this guy could be home, then if he sent the snake he would have paperwork for police to chase it up.

Police and fair trading will be called tomorrow. I've been super busy trying to juggle work, and study and struggling ATM. But tomorrow after work and befor I start studying I shall call.

Tomorrow is saturday? Fair trading will be closed til monday..... get onto the cops asap, I reckon

Has anyone from coomera pm'd you? Surely someone wouldnt mind going to see if the address is true or not for you? If I were closer, I would certainly go check it out for you.... unfortunately it is 2 hours and tolls for me to get there....

C'mon gold coasters.... pm greggles if you can take a look for him;)

One of the members off this site had a great idea and google maps it for me.... Vacant block of land apparently. So angry!

Don't give up yet mate - google maps can sometimes be very inaccurate in locations.
There are parts of victoria that are still nonexistent on google maps (even though I've visted there numerous times and I'm pretty darn sure it exists!)
Get on to the cops ASAP and let us know how it goes.

the cops are not going to do jack. I had a guy flogging crap out of my ute a few nites a week for two weeks the cops took all my details and never heard back from them. I even had camera footage of the guy taking crap out of my ute. so in the second week i waited for this bloke and i chased him shooting a nail gun at him, this person never returned and i have never seen him again.

the cops are not going to do jack. I had a guy flogging crap out of my ute a few nites a week for two weeks the cops took all my details and never heard back from them. I even had camera footage of the guy taking crap out of my ute. so in the second week i waited for this bloke and i chased him shooting a nail gun at him, this person never returned and i have never seen him again.
yes But Greg has some details eg phone number address and bank details so their job has been partly done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back