Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

martyn_tann

Reaction score
hey all. i got this little girl a while ago, and the dealer told me she was an inland carpet. i had no quams, but seeing other pictures of say coastals and even some jungles kindof make you wonder. her markings are pritty strong but she doesn't have the meshed fizziness of an indland. just thought i'd ask ur opinions...
these an't the best pics ut they give some indication.
any ideas would be gr8.
thanx in advance.
Martyn

sorry bout the... ah... largeness. lol, i wouldn't have the first idea as to how to resize them... al least you can see them lol

this is ment to be in the aussie snakes section, not forsale

RE: Re: species diognosis plz

The left hand side looks like a MD but the right hand side looks abit like a coastal :? but it is a bit blurry.
maybe its a hybrid or an intergrade, did you see its parents?

i'm thinking an intergrade aswell

See the speckled belly? Inland python for sure. Coastals have cream/white under belly. Not all inland pythons are black and grey like the the Murray-Darlings.

Looks Like it wants to get ya! :lol:

Re: RE: Re: species diognosis plz

Greebo said:
See the speckled belly? Inland python for sure. Coastals have cream/white under belly. Not all inland pythons are black and grey like the the Murray-Darlings.

I can't see much of the belly at all. My coastal has a very speckled belly at least 2/3 the length of her.

RE: Re: RE: Re: species diognosis plz

thanx everyone,
so i guess i can settle for inland then. i didn't to see her perents. i don't think the guy realy knew what he was on about lol
shes only young so the colours probably arn't to their fullest extent.
thanx again
Martyn

I would say MD or vic carpet......def not an inland... and if it was its not good colouring IMO...not very red

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: species diognosis plz

tyrone said:
I would say MD or vic carpet......def not an inland...

Thats a bit of a contradiction, considering they are one in the same!! :)

Cheers Rossco.

So are MDs a type of inland carpet i thought they were interchangable names for M.S.Metacalfei? what is the differance and where is the 'line' so to speak?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: species diognosis plz

cris said:
So are MDs a type of inland carpet i thought they were interchangable names for M.S.Metacalfei? what is the differance and where is the 'line' so to speak?

The comprehensive answer to your question lies on pages 151-4 of the wonderfully presented book "Pythons of the World, Volume 1, Australia" by Dave and Tracy Barker.

In other words, I couldn't be bothered explaining it here, and I think they explain it better than I ever could on here.

Cheers Rossco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back