Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: species diognosis plz

cris said:
See the speckled belly? Inland python for sure. Coastals have cream/white under belly. Not all inland pythons are black and grey like the the Murray-Darlings.
So are MDs a type of inland carpet i thought they were interchangable names for M.S.Metacalfei? what is the differance and where is the 'line' so to speak?

Murray-Darlings are a type of Inland python that naturally occur in the Murray-Darling Basin, hence they are Inland Pythons. Not all Inland Pythons are Murray-Darlings. (Sounds a bit like one of those IQ test questions) :D
The Inland pythons found around here are quite drab olive and brown colour (no red in them,Tyrone).

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: species diognosis plz

Here's a link to a map which shows the location of the Murray-Darling Basin. Note that Wagga Wagga is in the middle of it. Compare this map to a distribution of the "inland" Carpet Python. It's a pretty good match.

now i know where they are im gonna go catch me some

Try to get the blue ones with antennae.

it does look like it's going to try and take a chunk out of you!

IMO (and it is sooooooooo well informed) it's a MD, maybe it's a SA phase, or it has gammon ranges in it, like someone else said?

Well said Greebo... Couldnt agree more could have never worded it like that though....... :mrgreen:

i doubt very much that it has any gammon in it.

Metcalfei for sure
nick

Wouldnt a MD outside of the basin almost have to be an intergrade to some degree or am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back