Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So thats 2 for you from DECCW now?
Hows the BHP going?
Actually 3 :)
I also got a Lesueur's velvet gecko ages ago in the first one I entered.

The BHP is going great. She is hammering down a jumbo rat a week. I really want to cross her with a male this season but I don't know anyone close to Mona Vale that has a big male. She is very placid. Still huffs and puffs a little when I get her out of her enclosure, but it's all show.

Actually 3 :)
I also got a Lesueur's velvet gecko ages ago in the first one I entered.

The BHP is going great. She is hammering down a jumbo rat a week. I really want to cross her with a male this season but I don't know anyone close to Mona Vale that has a big male. She is very placid. Still huffs and puffs a little when I get her out of her enclosure, but it's all show.

Got the luck hey.
We didn't enter this one altho I would have if I didn't actually think about too much.
The "coastal" we won in the same ballot as your bhp is feeding on medium rabbits once a month.
She's also got a "special" partner lined up for this season too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's animals when they get them home.

Just picked up my Murray Darling Carpet, It's Beautiful! it has wicked markings on it's head, But the Poor thing has Heatbulb Burns all down it's back, They look fairly skindeep so it should heal over 100% with a few sheds. I'll post pictures in a few hours. PS, Very friendly snake.. Held it for 10 mins and not a single sign of aggression

Just picked up my Murray Darling Carpet, It's Beautiful! it has wicked markings on it's head, But the Poor thing has Heatbulb Burns all down it's back, They look fairly skindeep so it should heal over 100% with a few sheds. I'll post pictures in a few hours. PS, Very friendly snake.. Held it for 10 mins and not a single sign of aggression

Never owned a MD but they are meant to be one of the most placid aussie pythons. Look forward to pics

How often are these held? Is it based on time or on the amount of reptiles available? My sister would love to put her name down since she is in NSW, but I only told her about them yesterday afternoon lol.

Looking at the frequency of previous ones it seems fairly regular. If you look at the bottom of this page it shows the most recent ones.

ah, yep looks like every few months, I'll just keep an eye out and let her know :)

I got the Hatchling Water Python. I think i am going to call it Physco :) Will put a few pics up later.

Dadaman, was that you i was talking to? :)

I got a hatchy water a couple of weeks ago that's very snappy too. She isn't too bad once she's out of her enclosure and in your hands. Hopefully it calms down for you

I hope so too, she only just tagged me in the tub but she is fine once out. She just ate a fuzzy rat :)

misc 020.jpg

just a small pic of the jungle we got today. his eyes are milky, so we are assuming he is ready to shed. even so, was very calm to handle. have put him in a warmer spot to settle in a bit before getting him out again :)

Congrats to all winners. Thanks for posting photos. I hope that MD heals soon. They are incredibly mellow, easy to keep snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back