Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick pics of the entire clutch up.Always amuses me that only one or two examples of clutches such as this get shown.Also older sibs if you have any.

If you actually go have a look at his website, all the offspring, (as far as I can tell), are shown on it. They don't all do it for me, but there's really only 3 out of the clutch that don't 'flip my switch'.

Edit: The page in fact has a full write up of the entire process from conception to hatching and photos of the parents.

Last edited:
While i dont breed hybrids i do know a bloke who has tried this combination and the general consensus is that they are hard to breed because
-The 2 animals have different cooling points
- GTPs are mainly arboreal
- The animals have to be very compatible
Just to name a few. It is not as simple as just whacking 2 or even 3 animals that have been cooled and expecting magic to happen

gravitation- I guess the idea is to make something different. There are really few negative affects that arise from crossing, i have never seen it written that a hybrid python is more likely to get IBD or just a respiratory infection...and overseas there is money in it...you take a 300 dollar GTP and cross it with a 150 dollar carpet and you get a 2000 dollar bub.
caustic- have you ever tried breeding a carpet to a GTP? im willing to bet you find it a hell of a lot harder then just breeding a pair of carpets

I've heard alot of rumours about health issues, i'm not sure which are true or not but i know alot about cross breeding other animals and i'm betting it can't be that much better.

Ah just as i suspected, it's all about money then? Not about the well being of the animal or the overall species?

Well that's all i needed to know.

and i agree with caustic, i don't think it would be THAT different from breeding same species snakes, know what to do when and chances are you've got babies.

Hybrids are like I've said not my cup of tea but the one on your website marked 'lemonpepper' is such an interesting looking animal.

IMO I wouldn't ever X Breed but in saying this IF I like the look of a hybrid I might buy one BUT I would never breed it. I love my pure's there just more stunning and tend to keep there colour better. Plus he's from america thats what alot of breeders do and its hard o tell a pure animal there anyways cause there is hardly any pure animals left in America so people ether have to ship them in or keep with what they have available to them and breed. they don't have our luxury of abundance of clean PURE animals. + I prase the fact its illegal here to x breed but still think that those aussie's that breed by making hybreds despite the law are complete idiets.

I do however think most of those animals of yours are ugly and look like washed out average coastals, however there are 3 in the clutch on your website I do find something spectacular no matter what everyone else may thing these are still pythons and someone will love them no matter what there labeled as.

I like Lemonpepper, Cobbler and Emo they are something different. but I do think crossing a GTP with a coastal is stupid cause its an ugly animal but the diomand X Jag is stunning but would never buy one if I was there in the states.

this is my oppinion and I know its all over the shop but thats how I feel about the hole Hybred thing and your animals. not everyone will like them but there will always be that special someone that will see past the mungrell lable and love it because of some reason that it appeals to them.

I prase the fact its illegal here to x breed but still think that those aussie's that breed by making hybreds despite the law are complete idiets..

It is not illegal in all states. It's certainly illegal in QLD, I've been told it's illegal in NSW (though haven't read the legislature myself yet). Completely legal to cross-breed in Victoria, I have no idea as to other states and territories.

i think they look pretty good, not the best carpondros ive seen, but pretty none the less. thanks for posting. I know its morbid, but i love to see people still crying a river over this sort of thing when it is overseas and doent even affect them. haha.
ren

I especially hate how they give them cute little names rather than just saying it's a blah blah cross with a blah blah.

Hmm:|

Well I admit they do look kinda nice, but I'm not going to take sides, as was pointed out, you tell "hybrid haters" to keep it to themselves, but you post something and ask for some opinions, either way some will be good but there shall be bad ones too. :)

Not too bad in the looks department though;)

I know its morbid, but i love to see people still crying a river over this sort of thing when it is overseas and doent even affect them. haha.
ren

That's like saying why be upset crime goes on in the US when it doesn't affect us?
Pretty silly.

Doesn't affect some people personally but it affects animals and species of which they care for.

will admit some hybrids look nice, but feel that we are the only country left that isn't engolfed in the hybrid craze and would like to see it stay that way.... we have so many unique reptile here and would be a shame to see more reptiles being crossed and tainted than what already is goin on here... i will look, but wont endorse... they look ok, but like others have said, seen better pure line natives here on our home ground...

i belive over seas hybrids or any like shouldn't be posted on an australian site with so many for keeping things pure as it mite get newbies into the craze of hybrids... or our state governments should ban perpose bred hybrids in this country...

mate they look good, you guys in the usa have some nice looking reptiles. keep the pics coming and love ur webiste very good.
i hate how if some one on here has a different opinion they get hounded no wonder so many people give up on this place.

We bred our 50% Carpet X GTP to a Jaguar Carpet and got a handful of really neat babies. Yasser

Just curious, where are the "really neat babies"?

Cheers,

Kris.

Beautiful Yasser, love your work.

As for the immature, ignorant comments...just ignore them mate and keep posting to pee them off even more ;)

I love seeing them anyway :D

That's like saying why be upset crime goes on in the US when it doesn't affect us?
Pretty silly.

Doesn't affect some people personally but it affects animals and species of which they care for.

sounds like you watch to much TV. get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back