Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

expansa1

Reaction score
AFTCRAMediaRelease.jpg

Umm what?

What is there to not understand? Ahhh. It could be the crocodile pie thing. A few weeks back the Australia Zoo kicked up a stink about some chefs at Caloundra RSL serving up crocodile and emu pies for lunch as part of their daily menu. The crocodile and emu meat was legally purchased from farms.

Terri Irwin took it personally and flew off the handle stating that they had no right to use crocodile meat and that they should be protected (apparently she thinks that Australia Zoo are the only ones allowed to exploit crocs and make a living from them). There was a lot off stuff in the papers on the Sunshine Coast. That's where the story of them being more concerned about croc pies than locally endangered wildlife comes from!

Last edited:
Craig, that is disgusting. How much closer to extinction does a species have to be before they consider it important ?

Good work Craig and Gabrielle, seems they have really lost the plot at Australia Zoo.. hopefully the mainstream media will pick the story up.

They already have! It will be in the Sunshine Coast Daily newspaper!

Last edited:
A little harsh but the story was pretty clear. Australia Zoo and Wildlife Warriors, defenders of Australian wildlife don't consider the plight of the Mary River Turtle important enough.

That's cos you're an idiot.

Good work Craig and Gabrielle, seems they have really lost the plot at Australia Zoo.. hopefully the mainstream media will pick the story up.

I doubt attacking them over this issue will help much. Aus Zoo has alot of weight to swing when it comes to conservation, I think you would be better off having them onside than off.

Craig, that is disgusting. How much closer to extinction does a species have to be before they consider it important ?

Maybe to them it is all about money, cuddly creatures from overseas and did I say MONEY and how much they can make?

I doubt attacking them over this issue will help much. Aus Zoo has alot of weight to swing when it comes to conservation, I think you would be better off having them onside than off.

Too late for that! Their stance on local conservation issues is disgusting. More about how much more money they can make if the dam is built and more people come to the area.

BTW,

It has been over 18months since we first asked them for help saving endangered species so close to home!

i'm with you on this, they have a hissy fit over a species which is commonly farmed, not just in aust, being eaten yet they are in support of a project that with almost certainly be the demise of a species only found in the local area and is just as rare in captivity, how can they say they are trying to protect our wildlife with antics like this.

I've been sent a poo load of information today on this whole dam situation and it's about time someone rattled some cages big time. Seems the zoo and wildlife warriors have some answering to do.

Traveston crossing dam area natives
endangered - 10
vulnerable - 15
rare - 14

Crikey

Too late for that! Their stance on local conservation issues is disgusting. More about how much more money they can make if the dam is built and more people come to the area.

BTW,

It has been over 18months since we first asked them for help saving endangered species so close to home!

Thats outrageous Craig. I thought Wildlife Warriors was supposed to be a conservation group? What conservation issue is more worthy of attention than the one in their own backyard :shock:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some deal between the dam builders, government and Australia Zoo to keep quiet on the issue in return for favours in another area :rolleyes: Its all about money and politics these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back