Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought i was pretty clear... the guy is an idiot... and so is anyone who disagrees with me. :lol:

All comes down to making a buck at the animals expense. Maybe the wildlife warriors are concerned they may become welfare worriers

we all need to keep making a song and dance about this,not just the older ones but the younger and up coming herpers its not just our generation who is going to suffer and loose out if this bloody dam goes ahead,its the next generation who will loose out they need to be educated and whats at stake,so they can pass it at school etc..so anyone who hasn't signed the petition get out there and sign it.i had a look earlier today at the petition site and not that many more people have signed it.alot of international people,that doesnt say alot for us as a country,im disgusted that it hasnt hit the 5000 mark its sad but it tells me that either alot of people dont give rats **** or they dont know whats going on

It's unfortunate but I think most people care but just cannot spare the 2 or 3 minutes it takes to sign the petition!

There has been a bit of criticism from some AFTCRA members of late thinking that all we do is work on the Mary River turtle by trying to save it's habitat from being wiped out by the dam.

Below is a letter I sent today to a couple of members explaining why I have been really busy and a little run down that i sent to a friend and member explaining why I don't have time to look after my Freshwater turtle and frog group.

Hi xxxxxxx,

Thanks for your offer of assistance! I will take you up on that as I'm a little burnt out at the moment.

I just got back from working on Elseya irwini with James Cook University in the Broken and Burdekin Rivers and Elseya stirlingi in the Johnstone River near Innisfail.

We have also been helping Greening Australia out of late with the Fitzroy River turtle project, doing shows and organising workshops in Rockhampton. As well as that we have so many emails daily and requests for information and photographs.

I'm now busy writing an EIS submision and Scientific paper with Gabrielle, all before December 3rd,
when submission time closes. That doesn't include weekends for full day turtle workshops for local councils like this weekend where we have 2 X 4 hour turtle workshops for 2 different councils on Sunday for the public at two different locations.

Apart from that I just wrote my Pajero off about an hour ago with my daughter and two of her young girlfriends in the car.

So all in all, life's been a little hard and fast for us!

I won't be able to do any AFTCRA turtle research now at least without a 4WD.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll give you the full moderator privileges and good luck with the site!

Cheers,

Craig

I'm now busy writing an EIS submision and Scientific paper with Gabrielle, all before December 3rd,
when submission time closes. That doesn't include weekends for full day turtle workshops for local councils like this weekend where we have 2 X 4 hour turtle workshops for 2 different councils on Sunday for the public at two different locations.

Is the EIS for tha dam Craig? At least they have extended the time period and you can take a tiny little step back and relax. Hang in there!

Simone.

just found this thread and signed the petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back