Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that plenty of people keep diamonds indoor without UV and if that isn't proof I don't know what is.

Saying diamonds need UV is like saying vaccines cause autism.

Vaccines do cause autism, stop spreading misinformation.

Spotted, woma and children are one of the best snakes to go for, i would also go for stimpsons but they do tend to be a bit more nippy. There are many others that would make a great first python such as carpets but they do grow much larger.

Vaccines do cause autism, stop spreading misinformation.
Have you got this week's winning lotto numbers? I have more chance of winning lotto than getting autism (or anything else) from a vaccine.

- - - Updated - - -

And the diamond/UV thing is one of those commonly held misconceptions, one that I will admit we went for as newbies. Not sure where it started, but there is some strong data out there to say they don't.

Spotted, woma and children are one of the best snakes to go for, i would also go for stimpsons but they do tend to be a bit more nippy. There are many others that would make a great first python such as carpets but they do grow much larger.
Has ha we've had advice that childrens tend to be more nippy than stimmies. No? Guess it does depend on individual snakes and perhaps also early handling and care by breeders.

I don't know about VIC licencing but @missie66 might also be worth checking out the list of allowable species on the applicable licence category, this narrowed it down for us as there are only a handful that can be kept as first snakes here (not that we have one yet ;)). I assume antaresias would feature just about anywhere though so seem to be a good fit perhaps for you too. :) Remember to let us know and post pics when you get one. Pleeeeease.

Has ha we've had advice that childrens tend to be more nippy than stimmies. No? Guess it does depend on individual snakes and perhaps also early handling and care by breeders.

I don't know about VIC licencing but @missie66 might also be worth checking out the list of allowable species on the applicable licence category, this narrowed it down for us as there are only a handful that can be kept as first snakes here (not that we have one yet ;)). I assume antaresias would feature just about anywhere though so seem to be a good fit perhaps for you too. :) Remember to let us know and post pics when you get one. Pleeeeease.

Will do thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back