Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Pygmy Mulga. Biggest one to date estimated 1.6m long. Relocated 8 in the past month, obviously they are waking up

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

As a FRNSW firey I caught a Golden Crowned Snake here in Keiraville last year. Not a major drama or anything but interesting nevertheless. This one had apparently been overcome with petrol fumes when the resident had cleaned his boat engine on the driveway. The snake was totally "out of it" unable to move properly and unable to form into a striking posture.Almost like it was drunk -really whacked. I initially thought the dog had had a go at it. When I went to bag it I could smell the petrol very strong.
I took it home and put it in a big empty fish tank in my garage planning to let it settle down or die and release it the following evening into my garden (a haven for these locals).
I thought it was probably going to die because it just wasn't right.Next night it had absconded quite neatly via the rear of the tank through the huge gap between the hood and the top of the tank. I left the door open for a week.
My guess it was under the concrete drive when the petrol was being liberally splashed around.
cheers

cheers Baz. I don't think there was any bad intent .One of those dudes who didn't even know that snakes live in his garden and the nearby creek system.
Its always "a Brownie".

[video=youtube;3gBzXfSasXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gBzXfSasXQ[/video]

This is some video of a callout last week, the snake was attacked by a cat but should do ok.

Pygmy Mulga found chilling out on top of a BBQ. He rounds up to number 20 of these guys and was easily the most chilled out of any I have relocated.

IMG_1642.jpgIMG_1644.jpgIMG_1647.jpgIMG_1651.jpg

Apologies for the iPhone pics.

A few from early this season in the Adelaide Hills.

Attachments

• RBB- Macclesfield 014 [1600x1200].jpg
    RBB- Macclesfield 014 [1600x1200].jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Meadows RBB 009 [1600x1200].jpg
    Meadows RBB 009 [1600x1200].jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Meadows RBB 013 [1600x1200].jpg
    Meadows RBB 013 [1600x1200].jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Meadows RBB 019 [1600x1200].jpg
    Meadows RBB 019 [1600x1200].jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 79
  • RBB release Nov2013 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    RBB release Nov2013 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 82
  • RBB release Nov2013 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    RBB release Nov2013 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 83
When you guys tail a snake, why do you actually hold it by the tail? Wouldn't it be easier to hold it just above the cloaca. Easier for you and less painful for the snake?

When you guys tail a snake, why do you actually hold it by the tail? Wouldn't it be easier to hold it just above the cloaca. Easier for you and less painful for the snake?

Everyone I know of tails above the cloaca, if tailing's necessary at all.

Everyone I know of tails above the cloaca, if tailing's necessary at all.

I saw a few photos of people holding them by the end of the tail..... Just wasn't sure if some people think that's a viable method or not. I know tailing can be quite effective in the right circumstances.

I try not to grab the tip of the tail as it does hurt the snake, imagine being swung around by your testicles,
it may do permanent damage as well.
But if you don't want to get bitten then you try not to hurt the snake.
This one had no tail so I didnt have to worry about that to much.
If you are in a position where you don't have enough of the tail, then let the body of the snake touch the ground to take all the weight off

[video=youtube_share;eNEonEEoLl0]http://youtu.be/eNEonEEoLl0[/video]

PS, if you guys keep bumping my threads, I have many more Youtube videos to share

I try not to grab the tip of the tail as it does hurt the snake, imagine being swung around by your testicles,
it may do permanent damage as well.
But if you don't want to get bitten then you try not to hurt the snake.
This one had no tail so I didnt have to worry about that to much.
If you are in a position where you don't have enough of the tail, then let the body of the snake touch the ground to take all the weight off

[video=youtube_share;eNEonEEoLl0]http://youtu.be/eNEonEEoLl0[/video]

PS, if you guys keep bumping my threads, I have many more Youtube videos to share

It's because of the bone structure and the weight and force it puts on the tail, yes?

I'm sure people will keep bumping your threads as I know at least I love watching your videos.

[video=youtube;l0AXLdliJZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0AXLdliJZU[/video]

A beautiful copperhead, unfortunately the M.O.P filming this didn't get close enough to pick up all the colours.

You realise how lucky you are living there Baz:)?! Pity we're not permitted to keep a few of the stunners. Here's a big old RBB from The Hills again. Just coming up for a shed and almost pale blue sheen...lovely natured old fella too, one of life's gentlemen:).

Attachments

• RBB again 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    RBB again 003 [1600x1200].jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 54
  • RBB again 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    RBB again 007 [1600x1200].jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 60
  • RBB again 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    RBB again 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.