Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just built this last week, and got some new beardies on the weekend, 3 beardies, just got the wood from bunnings, got the glass from the retail shop i used to work at, they had it as spare glass for the counter display, i claimed it :D
I'm currently using a red heat lamp, next week my order from the herpshop should turn up which is a new ceramic heat lamp and thermastat...also have a basking rock/hide turning up next week...
This is my first attempt at this, and have already started plans for next one, after the trial and error on first one, 2nd one should be better (i hope)...i still have 2 pieces of glass too, but not as high as first one...

dragonenclosure1.jpg

dragonenclosure2.jpg

enclosure

here is the one we made about 6 months ago that now has a jungle in it, in lounge room

Attachments

• Picture 243.jpg
    Picture 243.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 269
Home made from hard garbage

The trouble with driving a truck is when you see something thrown out that you can use it is too easy to pick it up . First is made from a discarded box , 110 cm h , 100 cm w , 50 cm d , thick waterproof chipboard . Second is thick MDF 80 cm h , 100 cm w , 100 cm d , project . Last one l picked up today antique wardrobe 120 cm h , 90 cm w , 90 cm d . Solid timber .:D

Attachments

• new cages 001.jpg
    new cages 001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 240
  • new cages 004.jpg
    new cages 004.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 171
  • new cages 005.jpg
    new cages 005.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 202
The trouble with driving a truck is when you see something thrown out that you can use it is too easy to pick it up . First is made from a discarded box , 110 cm h , 100 cm w , 50 cm d , thick waterproof chipboard . Second is thick MDF 80 cm h , 100 cm w , 100 cm d , project . Last one l picked up today antique wardrobe 120 cm h , 90 cm w , 90 cm d . Solid timber .:D

I like your thinking! :D

I do the same thing.

These are great! They have definitely given me a few ideas for the one I'm building/converting [solid pine TV corner cabinet] at the moment.

check this out these are all my enclosures....i buile them all myself...except the aquarium of course.....

morelia are most comonly found in 4x2x2ft :)
any one wonna suggest how big of a tank ill neeed for my new pair of olives? :D

your olives are still young....my 18 month old female olive is in a 4x2x2 and when she outgrows that she will go into a 6x2x2 ......i think a 6x2x2 is plenty big enough for a adult olive....you possibly could got a bit deeper but length and height are good....
cheers

ooops, sorry, didnt attach my pics right, now the screens real big, soz

Homemade lizard cage.

This is the cage we built, only took a week to make, were in the process of building the stand.
Great cages everyone.
new-cage-took-a-week-to-make-28-9-09-19556.jpg

This is the enclosure we built for our beardie. Hubby has the camera so I cant update what it now looks like inside with logs and rocks and we still have to make the rock wall for the back.

Attachments

• P9127085.jpg
    P9127085.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 153
heres mine still got to furnish em all properly, got the biggest 1 to go which is underway but has a long way to go yet will post once finished

Attachments

• 4x2x2.jpg
    4x2x2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 4xx2x3.jpg
    4xx2x3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 7x3x3.jpg
    7x3x3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 132
Here's a neat trick someone suggested to me the other day. I needed to ventilate a new cage, and instead of doing my usual home-made flyscreen and mesh jobby, I cut the powder-coated steel mesh from a microwave oven door. You just take the door apart, pull out the mesh bit, cut the edge off and you're done- custom powdercoated ventilation mesh for even the smallest critters!

Photo0618.jpg

Photo0622.jpg

Oh- make sure you remove the plastic coating so air actually passes through :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back