Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obrien

Reaction score
a while ago i asked if it was possible to buy leopard geckos in australia and someone said no but i am sure there are some somewhere so this got me thinking about how common it is for people to hvae or know someone that knows someone with an overseas reptile i am just interested no names need to be said just courious and i would also like to know what sort of animals make it through illegally?

corn snakes, newts, hognose vipers, boa's, burms just to name the more common ones.
its not uncommon to hear of someone who has them. best bet is to never associate yourself with the person/s

i am amzed that they can manage to get them through i wouldnt have thought they would survive being sent through mail and i didnt think they would be worth enough to bebought in by a boat but like everything if someone wants something there is always a way to get it i surpose.

yes people probably keep lepord geckos in aust but only illegally

Australian Reptile Park have them legally, maybe a few other zoos too but that would be about it (kept legally at least).

In the past I've been offered corns, boas and chameleons, the latter was very tempting.
I also knew a guy years ago who had an illegal 3 foot fresh water croc in his garage.

it cant be that hard as you always hear storys bout poor animals in coke bottles and brief case's so it must work for some people. illegals that arnt uncommon in Aus such as corns are sometimes bred over here.

I know a chinese guy who can get me anything. Even bengal tiger cubs. It's crazy.

A girl i know the other day told me she knows someone with a rattlesnake, are these people stupid ?? what if they got bit by an illegal ven?? There would be no anti-ven available to them

ull prolly find alot of people r also keeping legal pets illegally (ie without a licence)

but as stated above wat can ya do? if sumone wants sumthing hard enuf, there rlly isnt anyhting anyone anywhere can do to stop him/her.

its basically up to self decency and morals more than anything~

I know a chinese guy who can get me anything. Even bengal tiger cubs. It's crazy.

Awwww I want a tiger cub! Can you hook me up?? ;) The guy I bought one of my horses off had lion cubs in his backyard... so cute!!! He had a circus, but the circus shut down and he kept the lion cubs.

horsy u serious bengal tiger that would be an amazing pet lol and rattle snakes are a bit dangeroous i really dont know anyone with any illegal pets so i thought there wernt that many but its deffinatly fun hearing about them i really cant see what harm a leopard gecko can do in australia thats what i would really want but i wont get one unless they become legal lol.

It is very common, my GF is a bar maid and the other day she was talking to a guy about snakes and he said he had a gravid rainbow boa and we could have one of the babies for $1500.....ha what a joke

I'm 100% serious. He gets my friend illegal fish and has offered me monkeys and stuff.

The fines for illegal pets can be huge, i asked the guy at the aquarium a while back about piranhas (not knowing they were illegal at the time ) because i though they would be awesome in the tank and he said the fine is $25,000 each piranha

i used to know a bloke who rekoned he could get just about anything....... i must say a monkey would be cool:D

I saw the little tiger cubs at Tiger Island the other weekend though... omg... beyond cute. Just adorable. Until they grow six inch canines lol :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back