Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay .
Good luck with it all mate

BEC i think theres a huge differnce between someone banging on all day about something ( 3 threads ) and somone pulling you up for being a forum natzi , no bridge needed.
ZIGHAIL , are you assumeing i assume i know all ? hahahah howmuch of a fool does that make you ?? hahaha
madcow people

Last edited:
"Why would someone waste there time going to take a bearded dragon from the wild if they could go and buy a boa?"

why would someone pick up a cheap car when they could go buy a ferrari!!!! geeze....

All snakes found outside of australia are illegal to keep in australia.... Like others have said you cannot just go and 'make a zoo'... your zoo cannot just be a wildlife park. It needs to be a full blown zoo like taronga zoo etc.. and Zoo's cost tens of million's of dollars! and even then it will be difficult to obtain a lic

Hope u have your flame suit on danny!
The whole reason they are not allowed is to protect our native reptiles.
Perhaps do some research on the subject, then come back and comment ;)

i fail to see how owning a snake in captivity from another country is going to effect anything...

as for the research, i have done it, what did i say that was out of line with 'the facts'.. and besides that i never asked a question for "research" or anything else of that matter anyway.

besides, why are you snapping at me in the first place? i wasn't flaming i was giving my thoughts on this matter ( ;) )

i fail to see how owning a snake in captivity from another country is going to effect anything...

as for the research, i have done it, what did i say that was out of line with 'the facts'.. and besides that i never asked a question for "research" or anything else of that matter anyway.

besides, why are you snapping at me in the first place? i wasn't flaming i was giving my thoughts on this matter ( ;) )

It would bring a whole new world or disease into the reptile world of Australia. Next thing you know, you could go up to your favorite snakes enclosure, and your snake could be inside out.

Because introduced species are a major problem in this country.
Look what cane toads have done, indian minor birds etc

People get these animals illegally, and when they get sick of them and cant move them on, they let them go!
That then upsets the balance within native wildlife populations.

Not to mention possible diseases, how do you think OMPV was introduced?
From overseas animals!

You obviously havent done much research, or you would have known that ;)

The facts remain very simple, If you keep an exotic reptile and it happens to escape which is very common for new keepers, the animal in the wild is likely to die from exposure or starvation and it could introduce an exotic disease or pathogen or become a pest itself. The reality is that exotic animals threaten our unique environment, agriculture and the tourism industry.

They are the plain facts..

besides, why are you snapping at me in the first place?

yeah its called mad cows diseases

canetoads were introduced years ago thay thought it would help control pests and ended up being a bigger pest , the same with snakes from overseas, if thay escape theres no telling what thay will do to the enviroment , thats a big reason why thay wont let them in .
i would love a paiball and a boia , all i can do is dream on, mybe one day .

Why go out against the law and against morals and get a exotic when we have the same (or equivalant) animals here, there colours are just different and might not grow quite as large to eat you.
I loved corn snakes, and even had one when i was 10 and didnt know any better, luckily i was young and useless it died a week later, hahaha. I got older, got a licence, bought a reptiles australia book and discovered the aussie colubrids and the BHP - what a stunner. Bugger overseas snakes, id rather confidently own something legit and be able to take it outside without the fear of it excaping or getting busted and all that crap.
I thing exotics are just another case of impulse buying. But they get stuck when they cant find em and ask how here. Alot of young people are severely dissapointed once they have a snake as what-a-surprise, it doesnt do tricks and feeding is only once a week. Boring. So they dump it on the next person for a scrap of weed etc.

Gosh, i wish i could be as witty as you! build a bridge my friend! ;)
You hate hypocrites remember :lol:

plus theres the drama of getting appoved for a zoo permit not to mention the big bucks needed,,
just wait a few years and there will be a heep of new crosses and hybreeds here in australia market .

come on BEC stay on topic
your vendictve side is really showing .

plus theres the drama of getting appoved for a zoo permit not to mention the big bucks needed,,
just wait a few years and there will be a heep of new crosses and hybreeds here in australia market .

Remembering that Crosses and Hybrids are illegal I wouldn't be waiting for them... or planning on breeding any, if you get caught say goodbye to your licence

with the ever rising costs of zoo's these days i cant see anyone affording a new one just so they can get a boa or a ball python lol

and really i find alot of the people that keep such large pythons like boa's are really only interested in the 'shock' value of them

and what could it do to our wildlife well hmmmm lets see whats a 16-18ft boa gonna eat also what would happen if it was to breed with one of our native species hmmmmm oh and another tid bit of info for ya exotics are being found everywhere there was a boa in Syd recently that i remember and i can remember at least 4-5 story's of exotics being found around the major city's areas in the last 6 months

each to there own hey, i love cobras and bomslangs and got to see alot of them in south africa. Would i ever want one in my collection frankly no

Even hybrids can create a problem, what happens when a jungle x bredli escapes, then makes it to bushland, finds a diamond and mates with it?

THEPYTHONPIT please refrain from sending me private messages, its vindictive of you to continue to do so.

Remembering that Crosses and Hybrids are illegal I wouldn't be waiting for them... or planning on breeding any, if you get caught say goodbye to your licence

Loose your licence? Is that all? I hope the punishment is a little more severe than that.....Considering most people who own exotics dont bother with licences anyway.
I wish we had animal police like in th US, like that show on animal planet - animal precinct. Yeah id work for that....id probably be crooked. haha

where is it illegal ?
do you know this for a fact or are you just passing on the info you got from someone else?
in NSW theres no law saying its illegal
and on my licence theres 19 conditions (rules) and not one of them says you cant cross breed or make hybrids ?
please if you know something i dont let me know because i have some amazing projects on the go

Loose your licence? Is that all? I hope the punishment is a little more severe than that.....Considering most people who own exotics dont bother with licences anyway.
I wish we had animal police like in th US, like that show on animal planet - animal precinct. Yeah id work for that....id probably be crooked. haha

Yeah he forgot to ad the HEFTY fines and maybe even jail time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back