Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickson

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Quick visit to Melbourne Zoo on Wednesday morning. Got a few pics in the Reptile House.

Banded Rock Rattlesnake
Rattler.jpg

Taipan
Taipan.jpg

Poison Arrow Frogs
BlueYellowPoisonArrow.jpg

BluePoisonArrow.jpg

Southern Bell Frog
BellFrog.jpg

Aldabran Tortoise
Aldabran.jpg

Pignose Turtle
Pignose.jpg

Twistneck Turtle
Twistneck.jpg

:p

Hix

The reptile house is good there, just not big enough :p:lol::lol: Can you remember what elapids were partnered together? When I was there last they had a BTS in an enclosure with an Tai, can't remember if it was an inland or a coastal.

From what I remember, Mangrove Tree Snake with Retics, otherwise all the snakes had enclosures to themselves.

Hix

Nice pix, Hix. I especially like the Poison Arrow Frogs. I've been trying to get a good photo of them for a while now. Such a lovely blue.

Nice pics Hix, what do you do all day, wander zoos and practice photography ? :p

LOL!

I used to do that for my holidays - in 1984 I visited 20 zoos and animal collections in Europe in 4 weeks.

But the last couple of weeks I've had to travel around the country for work, and managed to cram in a visit when I could.

Hix

Nice pics Hix, Ive kept both of those dendrobates, when the azureus (2nd frog pic) get as big as the tinctorius (1st frog pic) they are amazing to watch.....huge blue frogs jumping around.

here's a few more pics for chool;)
</IMG> <-- dunno how this got here, this web site has a mind of its own sometimes!
</IMG> <-- its done it again ! everytime i edit !! weird :shock:

Attachments

• azureus1.jpg
    azureus1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 74
  • azureus2.jpg
    azureus2.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
i went to melb zoo yesterday and honestly it isnt anything compared to the one in syd

and the reptile house ive seen betta BHP's in herp shops!

nice pics hix but where are the ones of the big pythons.

None were in a good position for photography. I've played with big pythons before anyway, nothing special there.

Kimba: the Reptile House at Melbourne is an old building, Taronga Zoo's reptile building is only 10 years old and was state of the art (almost) when it was built. I'm sure when Melbourne can find the resources, they'll build a bigger and better facility.

Hix

melbourne zoo, def on my to do list lol. Nice pics

Nice pics Hix, Ive kept both of those dendrobates, when the azureus (2nd frog pic) get as big as the tinctorius (1st frog pic) they are amazing to watch.....huge blue frogs jumping around.

here's a few more pics for chool;)
</IMG> <-- dunno how this got here, this web site has a mind of its own sometimes!
</IMG> <-- its done it again ! everytime i edit !! weird :shock:

*drool* Thanks, Moreliaman:D

They are very, very, nice. Are they the actual frogs that you kept? (slightly off-topic, sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back