Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbskda

Not so new Member
Reaction score
To add to Fangs Mini Survey regarding what Python would you like to own if money was no object.
I propose this survey if money was no object and you had the required licence what snake would like to own.

Me personally

# 1 Inland Taipan
# 2 Rattlesnake
# 3 King Cobra

Not if licensing was no object, as I think the years of experience is a must, but If I really was qualified, (and if I wasn't in a flat) Red Bellies and Scrubies would take my fancy. Death adders have some beautiful patterns too. Realistically all I might aspire to in years to come is the Red Belly.

That's strange Nic. you picked what I would pick.

RBBS
Scrub Python
Death Adder

i would kill for any of these 3 pythons

1.oenpelli rock python
2.green python
3.rough scaled python

and for any of these 3 snakes

1.hooded snake
2.blue bellied black snake
3.green tree snake

with no restrictions id ghave to go foe these

1-GTpython
2-bandy bandy
3-pygmy python
4-blue treesnake
5-oenpelli python
6-albino burmese

really i could go on for ever

#1 rough scaled python
#2 eyelash viper
#3 brazillian rainbow boa

Hmmm, don't really know enough about them to answer definitavely but some of the real big boas / pythons would be it for me

1) Inland Taipan (money is not the issue.....sanity is)
2) Blue Tree snake
3) RBBS

Just as an add on are RBBS as placid as they say?

Cheers Hawkeye

It wasnt that long ago I thought that the Fierce snake was a different snake in it own right till I found out its just another name for an inland taipan, and the less venomous taipan is the costal variety :?: .

Fierce Snake (Inland Taipan) Scientific Name: Oxyuranus microlepidotus
Costal Taipan Scientific Name: Oxyuranus scutellatus
Thats right isnt it :?: :?: :?:

I tried to find pic's of the two to compare but the color differences are fairly broad many look the same.

OZ

Hawkeye,
I have had no experience at all with RBBS except seeing them in the bush. But i went to the Victorian Amateur Herp. meeting in Geelong on Friday night. They had a guy there doing a presentation on his snake research trip throughout Australia..Also with him he had his Red Bellied to show people how placcid they are. He pulled it straight out of the bag with his hand and it was crawling all over his arm(no hook)..It still had its venom glands but was used to him because he had reared it from a hatchling.(no one else would touch it though...)
So I guess they can be friendly :D :D
He handled all other venomous snakes with a hook.

As for the survey. I will stick with my Diamond python for the time being until I get more experienced and learn what I want next...h.

Hmm.. I've always been quite taken with Hogg island boas and red tail boas, so that's no.1
2.Maybe a rhinocerus viper or an eyelash viper-Both are beauties
3.Oenpelli python.

This being hypothetical and all, it's assumed we all have the experience to keep these animals? Otherwise I think those of us with elapids and viperidae might be meeting up in the intensive care unit. Although..it'd be a good chance to meet and share info with some fellow herpers. :D

Oz - Yep. Fierce snake is another name for the inland taipan. Quite a misleading one actually, they are not considered to be an agressive snake at all. The Taipan and the Eastern Brown are considered far more agressive. They also change colours from a dark (often black) in winter to a light brown (tan?) in summer.

Hawkeye - RBBS are often very placid. There is always exceptions, I have had one have a good strike at me (missed though.) But I have also had them so placid that I hold them (by the tail) and allow the caller to pat them when I am on a WIRES rescue. Also they are not considered hugely dangerous to an adult human, last person to die from a bite was 1902 or something similar. Still, you wouldn't get me to free handle unless I was getting a lot of money for it.

1. Arafura File Snake
2. Bandy Bandy
3. Emydocephalus annulatus - Banded Sea Snake

PS. Nicole what are you thinking, Death Adders looks like slugs! :?

Pinkie, the term is not 'slug', it is 'cute little sausage' :lol: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back