Murray Darling Carpet Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus21

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i'm looking into buying a Murray Darling Carpet Python hatchling and just wondering about other peoples experiences with them. I have a pic of the female parent and she is very beautiful and a picture of a hatchling and it looks so cool.

thanx
Seeyaa

They are is general deemed to be very placid snakes, easy to keep, you should have no troubles feeding them, just dont over feed them as they can be quite greedy :)

The colourings vary from a very bright silver and black to a muddy grey and black. But as usual be careful with picking snakes by their colour unless you know where they are in their shed cycle it can be decieving :)

They are a perfect snake for people starting out aswell because of their nature.

You are lucky you have found one, they have been pretty quiet this year, most hatchlings have gone around here anyway.

My Inland Carpet's about a year old now, and she's a great snake. She's always eaten, and has never attempted to bite.I also think they're great because their colours contrast so much to others snakes. They're also seriously easy to care for, so I'd higly reccommend one. :)
There's a couple of pics of her in my gallery if you're interested.Her silvers and grays have developed since then though, she just keeps getting better with every shed. :)

good to hear that they're good feeders, hopefully if i get one it wont go on a 6 week fast like my coastal carpet, who now only eats live mice. the female parent is a beautifull silver and black with rusty red patches(will attach picture later if i can), the hatchling is just silver and black at the moment. i know how hatchlings can change colour as my coastal carpet looked like a hypo when i got her with no black pigment at all but now she is getting lots of black pigments around her creamy patches(i bought her as i normal carpet and the seller never tried to tell me she was a hypo), she is a beautiful snake who has never bitten me, unlike my maccy who bites me when he is hungry which is all the time, just glad he's not big yet as his tiny teeth are incredibly sharp.

thanx
Seeyaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back