Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpetPythons.com.au

Reaction score
Glad to see victorians are finally allowed to keep what the rest of Australia is allowed to keep!

Here in WA we're hoping for a few changes to our licensing laws too....many people think it's too restrictive here. Though personally I'm happy because I only have one snake and that's all I want, but I know other herpers feel very restricted.

damn its good to b in south austarlia its so simple here :)

you only want one snake?!?!?!?!?! I'm sorry annie but i just can't comprehend that sentence.... lol. you have very good self control. I see something and need it desperately! I went from one to nine snakes in a year. And I have already put my name down and picked out a few others!! lol.
good on you though, your barrie must be happy he gets all the attention!

Private Wildlife (Advanced) Licence holders will be able to trade and possess 19 new species. These include 10 reptiles: Arafura File Snake, Boyd's Forest Dragon, Centralian Knob-tailed Gecko, Downs Bearded Dragon, Golden-tailed Gecko, Prickly Knob-tailed Gecko, Pygmy Python, Rough-scaled Python, Rough-throated Leaf-tail Gecko, Saltuarius swaini (no common name); one amphibian: Magnificent Tree Frog; and eight mammals: Black-striped Wallaby, Feathertail Glider, Long-nosed Potoroo, Plains Rat, Quokka, Southern Brown Bandicoot, Spinifex Hopping-mouse and the Squirrel Glider.
This info is from the dse website
Thats good news, been wanting file snakes to come in for ages.To bad about the heath monitors and panoptes

Where has this been published?
I haven't seen any publications stating new species have been added to the list?..

Well it's great news that some new species have been added to the list!

But it's a far cry from being up to scratch imo..Baby steps ;)

i was just reading it on the back of my renewal notice that i finally got today! I see you can also keep turtles now with a shell smaller than 10cm!

At least you guys get native mammals. Kills me we can't keep them here in Qld

Yeah i just got my notification in the post with my renewal notice! i am pumped for Rough Knobbies!

you only want one snake?!?!?!?!?! I'm sorry annie but i just can't comprehend that sentence.... lol. you have very good self control. I see something and need it desperately! I went from one to nine snakes in a year. And I have already put my name down and picked out a few others!! lol.
good on you though, your barrie must be happy he gets all the attention!

If I was younger then yes, I'd probably have more snakes, but I'm 58, my husband is 74, we live on the pension, we have 2 dogs and several fish. My dream of having a snake has come true and I know I can take care of him well for the rest of his life. I would rather have one snake that I know I can take care of properly, than have several and not be sure if I could cope. :) Once our dogs die....one is 12, the other is 6.....we plan to go into some kind of retirement unit, so I think one snake will be enough in a place like that. That's a few years down the track I hope, but I have to think ahead.

I enjoy coming to this site and enjoying everyones snakes. Soon I'm going to Adelaide for a weeks holiday to stay with a special lady who has a couple of snakes and I'll be meeting other snake people then. I belong to the WA Herp. Society which meets every month, so I'm as involved as I can be. I do get very tempted to get more....but I have to be practical. :)

knobies all the way , did the panoptes and heath monitors get taken off or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back