Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
Lokis such a clever boy, hes developed a habit of pooping in the sand behind his basking stack, but once he does he moves to the top of the stack, half on the stick i mounted on the back wall and waits fro me.

i got up this morning to find him up there snoozing and resting his head on a coil, as soon as he saw me he slid his head down and headed towards his poo to show me what he'd done, then looked back at me looking totally horrified that it was still there.

so naturally i got my spoon and sandwich bag and scooped out the poo and all the wet sand, while he kept trying to slide over my arms to make it tricky for me....i just think its so funny and clever how he tells me he wants his poopy scooped,..!! :)

Who says snakes aren't an interactive pet. Every time I go into the snake room one of the olives will come out and start climbing over the glass at the front of their enclosure "HELLOOOO"

Yeah, a few of mine always come to the glass to say hullo, one of my jungles even taps the glass when she wants me to take her out for a play. she is very good at following hand gestures too. She can sit and stay as well.

They are such amazing creatures and yes very interactive!!!! This morning I woke to our diamond up in his branches but as soon as he saw me he went to the bottom and sat up like a dog with his head at the door looking at me as if to say... "go on open the door you know you want to" plus it's feed day for him today!
And last night I had our little maccie out and I had to sit her on the bed while I did something else and she curled up in amongst the polar fleece blanket with only her head sticking out... and then she yawned!! I laughed so hard!!!!!
They are wonderful pets and very charismatic!!! Personality Plus!!:D

Very Clever boy. I belive they all have great personalities as each one is different. I know with my black head adrian the minute I enter the room he must smell me (I dunno) but he quickly sticks his head up out of the paper to see if it's me (dosn't do it with anyone else) and then quickly comes out rubbing all over the front of the glass, and trying to push it open (telling me let me out lol). He actually sulks if I don't get him out at least once a day, just sits his head on the glass and stares at me. There such great pets!!.

The other thing our diamond did one day was he wanted to come out of his enclosure but was playing hard to get and he'd go back in when I went to pick him up.. he thinks he's good! Anyway just as a joke I stood in front of the door slapping my knees and saying "come on" like you do a dog!!! AND he come straight out to me and up around my shoulders... my hubby nearly wet himself cause neither of us thought it would work!!!!! :lol: :lol:

aww, such lovely stories,...thanks fro sharing!

Loki sticks his head of from his cave to say hello when i get home, then once its dark starts sliding along the glass to tell me he wants to come out! :)
he wants to be taken out, he sits there paitently and waits with most of his body out of the tank till i came and get him. (his tanks on a sideboard thingy and doesnt have good handles for him to get down on)
when hes been out for a while he heads off the lounge to where my flip flops live when theyre not on my feet and threads himself thru both pairs,....i'll have to take a photo of that tonight,...

and people say snakes dont like their owners and are happier being left alone,....he was so upset this morning that he was only out fro half an hour, he put me on the biggest guilt trip fro having to go to work,..!! :)

I read to that they don't form attachments to their owners!!! Well I must have 5 exceptions to the rule then!!!! Cause all of ours know who we are and love being around us!!!
It's just people misunderstanding snakes again!!

It's great hearing stories about funny things they do, it makes me smile!! And knowing too that I don't have the craziest snakes in history helps me sleep at night!!! haha

I think the whole, "snakes dislike being handled and should only be handled when required" is an excuse ppl use when they cant be bothered to get them out,

I agree grimbeny!!!! The other thing is the whole "this species is snappier than other snake species", I think they ALL have the potential to be snappy but it's all about handling and how much time you give them! I've been told spotteds are the snappiest out of the childrens group yet I have a maccie who hasn't bitten since about 2 days after we got her!!!
Give them time and love and you'll have amazing snakes like the ones people have just written about doing crazy things for us!!!
:D

I think the whole, "snakes dislike being handled and should only be handled when required" is an excuse ppl use when they cant be bothered to get them out,

na. humans are just arrogant. they hide behind science or religion that tells them that all other creatures are inferior or incapable or of less value. And woe to any person that says otherwise, because you must be an idiot, you must ignore all evidence to the contrary and stop complimenting reptiles by assigning them human emotions.

emotion is just a chemical change, and we are all made of the same building blocks. A frogs DNA is only off ours by less than 1% after all......

I agree, I have constantly read this theory in forums here. I believe that playtime is the highlight of Oscars day; apart from feeding day.;)

Someone please pass me that crack pipe :shock:

u have to be kidding me? the only positive thng your snake see's you as is somewhere to get warm, they dont like interaction because they have evolved not needing it, they are solitary animals, you have to keep that in mine, they dont enjoy the interaction

u have to be kidding me? the only positive thng your snake see's you as is somewhere to get warm, they dont like interaction because they have evolved not needing it, they are solitary animals, you have to keep that in mine, they dont enjoy the interaction

So hornet you don't feel your snakes get anything else out of being handled other than your heat??

My snake is spoilt, too. She tends to give me messages when she wants something, and is particularly fussy with her food. If it isn't pythoninfinites rodents she will not eat them. I have tested this incase she was just not hungry or going into shed. But it wasn't the case. Both times I tried giving her a pisces rat and wouldn't have it, then managed to scab a rat from J and she took it. God love her :D

What lovely stories. its nice to hear ppl talk about their "pets" for a change instead of just hearing the technical side of things all the time.

Loki had a lovely weekend of being handled and roaming around, he was very upset this morning that i had to go to work and he couldnt come out..

here he is in 2 of his favourite places,.. :)

Attachments

• Loki flip flops top.jpg
    Loki flip flops top.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Loki flip flops.jpg
    Loki flip flops.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Loki plant pot.jpg
    Loki plant pot.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 85
AWWW HOW CUTE!!! I wished I had've had more time with my children over the weekend but we were just soooo busy... :(
They came out quite a few times to say hello!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back